Menu

1/6, Tuesday exercisers!

Happy Epiphany!

Rainy day here. The rain woke me up at 4 because it was pouring! I did get back to sleep though. It was still raining when ds woke me using the microwave at 6:30 and it's still raining now. I ran in it cause they say it won't clear until noon.

47 with rain - skort, tech sleeveless t, jacket, running hat

Time Taken: 00:32:21

Total Distance: 3.02 mi.

Burned: 324 (kcal)

Pace: 10:43 (avg)

Speed: 5.6 (mi/hr) (avg)

The last mile felt slow. I had to wait for traffic once. The dog was freaking out over every single car. I had to fix his collar. I ended up walking around a few puddles. A bridge had standing water and I had to walk through it. Many things to slow my run today. :glare:

Way to go, Cheryl!

My workout partner changed our workout time to 5:15am. I was a little worried about working out that early in the morning, but it went great. We did upper body weight lifting and 30 minutes interval training on the eliptical, heart rate 150 average and 250 calories burned. Yeah!

Way to go, Cheryl!

My workout partner changed our workout time to 5:15am. I was a little worried about working out that early in the morning, but it went great. We did upper body weight lifting and 30 minutes interval training on the eliptical, heart rate 150 average and 250 calories burned. Yeah!

Great job Ferdie!

In another thread you linked to a runner's blog ~ Andrew in New Zealand. How did you stumble upon that? I enjoyed the NZ pics and his upbeat attitude. He must be a real inspiration to couch potatoes and overweight folks in general. From 300+ lbs to running a marathon later this year. Cool!

Well, it's warmed up to the mid-40s here and along with the heavy rainfall and snowmelt, minor flooding and landslides are an issue. Our yard is like one big river. But at least that means the ice is melting. As long as it doesn't warm up too much ~ in which case it'll rain in the mountains and the real river (along our property) will flood.

I wanted to put in 8 miles but I quit at 6 since my shoes were filled with water and my clothes were so heavy.:tongue_smilie: My pace was right around 8:30, plus I had to stop for a minute here and there to let cars get by. (The sidewalks and shoulders still aren't usable.)

Cheryl, I read your reply to me in yesterday's thread re joint pain. I don't know why it's an issue for me. I change shoes every 500 miles or so and am in a new pair now, so it's not that. Actually, most of the time that I run I do hurt in one way or another.

Happy Epiphany!

Rainy day here. The rain woke me up at 4 because it was pouring! I did get back to sleep though. It was still raining when ds woke me using the microwave at 6:30 and it's still raining now. I ran in it cause they say it won't clear until noon.

47 with rain - skort, tech sleeveless t, jacket, running hat

Time Taken: 00:32:21

Total Distance: 3.02 mi.

Burned: 324 (kcal)

Pace: 10:43 (avg)

Speed: 5.6 (mi/hr) (avg)

The last mile felt slow. I had to wait for traffic once. The dog was freaking out over every single car. I had to fix his collar. I ended up walking around a few puddles. A bridge had standing water and I had to walk through it. Many things to slow my run today. :glare:

Great! I love to run in the rain. I dont' know about 47 degrees though. Brrrrr....That is about what it was today and I was quite chilly even with no rain.

Well, it's warmed up to the mid-40s here and along with the heavy rainfall and snowmelt, minor flooding and landslides are an issue. Our yard is like one big river. But at least that means the ice is melting. As long as it doesn't warm up too much ~ in which case it'll rain in the mountains and the real river (along our property) will flood.

I wanted to put in 8 miles but I quit at 6 since my shoes were filled with water and my clothes were so heavy.:tongue_smilie: My pace was right around 8:30, plus I had to stop for a minute here and there to let cars get by. (The sidewalks and shoulders still aren't usable.)

Cheryl, I read your reply to me in yesterday's thread re joint pain. I don't know why it's an issue for me. I change shoes every 500 miles or so and am in a new pair now, so it's not that. Actually, most of the time that I run I do hurt in one way or another.

Your pace astounds me. :tongue_smilie:

And just yesterday I said that I hadn't fallen since using Yak Traks on my runners.

Fell. Hard. But I got up and walked the final 1.5 kms. Lucky it was dark (vanity).

When I got home I saw the problem . . . my yak snapped (lol!). So I guess I need a new pair. Well they lasted 2.5 seasons. I guess that's a good investment considering I use them virtually every day in the winter months.

Well, you know you're getting over an injury when you're bored with the cardio you'd been craving while injured.

I still won't be able to run for a while so I did my (now) usual of 3.8 miles walking 15 min/mile.

It is hard. But you'll be back up in no time!

Wet feet and heavy clothes are the thing on both coasts today! Great job going 6! I can't imagine a daily pace that fast!

And just yesterday I said that I hadn't fallen since using Yak Traks on my runners.

Fell. Hard. But I got up and walked the final 1.5 kms. Lucky it was dark (vanity).

When I got home I saw the problem . . . my yak snapped (lol!). So I guess I need a new pair. Well they lasted 2.5 seasons. I guess that's a good investment considering I use them virtually every day in the winter months.

Wow! I hope you are ok!

So the rest of us know - are they the brand name "Yak Traks". So we can buy the same thing that has your endorsement. Well, for those of us that need them anyway. :tongue_smilie:

http://www.the-perfect-present.com/Pages_Yaktrax/Yaktrax_Larger_Image.html

They are worth purchasing. I am so not sure footed (ever) and am a huge chicken on snow and ice (I'm scared of falling lol!) Honestly this is the first mishap I've had since I've owned them and I've used them for 2.5 winters. And I live in an area where snow typically starts flying end of October, beginning of November and ends sometime in April.

I think I'm okay. Actually I'm pleasantly pleased that I faired as well as I did (given my rickety old bones :001_smile:)