Menu

I did it! I made my own pie crust from scratch (Nintendo DS: Cooking)

...by following the directions from the Nintendo DS Personal Trainer: Cooking

LOL! I knew there was a good reason to get a Nintendo DS for my own self. :D

My mother had me totally scared to make my own pastry crust, so I always bought the pre-made kind. Thanks, Nintendo, for holding my hand and showing me how to make my own.

I've browsed through the rest of the Cooking recipes and instructions and am very enthusiastic about this new Personal Trainer line for the Nintendo DS.

My mother had me totally scared to make my own pastry crust, so I always bought the pre-made kind. Thanks, Nintendo, for holding my hand and showing me how to make my own.

I've browsed through the rest of the Cooking recipes and instructions and am very enthusiastic about this new Personal Trainer line for the Nintendo DS.

That's awesome! I've been telling dh that I want my own DS, but he just laughs at me. So, I must be satisfied with sharing the kids' for now.:D

Enjoy making the new recipes.

My mother had me totally scared to make my own pastry crust, so I always bought the pre-made kind.

Congratulations! Pie crust is scary.

My childhood was punctuated by primal shrieks, followed by a thud as the pie crust hit the wall... suffice to say, I have been very happy for Pillsbury for much of my adult life.

Last year, I conquered the elusive edible baking powder biscuit. This year, the pie crust. (Hopefully, without furthering the shriek-thud family tradition) I don't think I'll be getting a DS for the occasion, but it's good to know that others are overcoming the same challenge. :D

How cool. Dh's family gave my younger (12yo) dd a Nintendo DS for Cmas. After Cmas she purchased a few games for herself out of her own $, one of which was the cooking game. I am thrilled to hear that it is so helpful in promoting personal life skills! :D

YES, I think it could work very well for kids who want to cook! It has photos of every step, hints and tips, substitutions... and sometimes "more details" if you ask it.

You can change how many servings you want for each recipe and it automatically adjusts the amount of ingredients needed. And then it saves your settings, which is handy. It will create a shopping list for ingredients you have checked off. (There is also a calculator for adding up as you shop.) You can also exclude certain ingredients in the settings... it will either put an X next to those dishes containing that ingredient, or it will hide them completely, depending on how you want to do it.

Nifty little program! Makes everything easy and fun- I definitely think my kids will be using it as well!