Menu

Mesh wifi

Does anyone have a mesh wifi set up on multiple floors?  (this is different than a wifi extender).

How is it working for you?   1ds had rec'd a 3 piece (it's expandable - including outdoor) system, and I'm still waiting for it to come .  . 

Yes, we do. It came with our internet service. It works well. The main router is on the North end of the basement. The second is on the South end of the second floor hallway. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anne said:

Which systems do you all have?  We are considering one also since our Wi-Fi is ridiculous!   The only one that I’ve heard of is Orbi.

Anne

I ordered a TP-link deco 3-pk to start.  Comes on Wednesday.  (bought it on prime day - still has a coupon - and an extra 2% off for delayed shipping.)   1ds (engineer) likes their stuff the best.  I can order an outdoor unit if I want.  I have a fairly sheltered location an outdoor unit could go  - exposure to temperatures, but not direct sunlight or rain. (not even when it's raining sideways . . . )

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Anne said:

Which systems do you all have?  We are considering one also since our Wi-Fi is ridiculous!   The only one that I’ve heard of is Orbi.

Anne

Netgear. We tried an Orbi but for some reason I've totally forgotten it didn't work well.

• Like 1