Menu

Tackling Wednesday 3-13-24

Good morning!

I've got a lovely do-nothing day today. 🙂

House is clean

Laundry is done

Dinner is leftovers

Dh is taking ds to second day of tryouts.

On my plate:

• 10,000 steps
  • violin

That's all.

Poor ds last night.  The child does not have naturally great motor skills, so he has worked VERY hard at skating and stick handling.  He left last night feeling like the worst of the worst on the ice.  DH assures me (and ds) that it was far from the truth, but I know how it can feel when you see a few who are amazing.  Out of the 40, it will be interesting to see how many stick it out all three nights.  It's both a test of endurance and skill for them all.

• Like 5

Hi all! 

Hugs to your ds, @HomeAgain; that does sound rough. 

Our daytrip over to Austin was fun -- repeated WonderSpaces, which we did last year; it had some new stuff, and was just as fun/interesting as last time. Went to Museum of Illusions -- the family loved that; it made my weird eye/headache/hyper-peripheral dizziness thing flare immediately, so I did not, although being with them having fun was nice. Then we visited an Austin area Goodwill, which was fun, (somewhere in there we had lunch) and hiked a short trail at a park (about 2.5 miles round trip), had dinner at a great pizza place and headed home. A very good day. 

So, today:
...coffee
....make extra sure I have everything I need for tutoring this morning
...go tutor
...help DH with laundry
...go to Grandma's, pick up the pole/sign/thing I'm getting (my Grandpa built a pole, to look like pilings sitting in the water, with a welded seagull sitting on top of it -- this had the shop sign mounted to it at the corner of their road - I asked for it when she closed the gallery) 
...come home, probably eat dinner out somewhere? Or pick something up? 
...keep working laundry, maybe get some sewing stuff done
...eat, veg out, etc. 

Not a lot, but enough. 

• Like 5

Good afternoon! 
I slept late, made Ds do some chores before screen time, had coffee, picked up milk, and made a quick Costco run.

Dinner is tomato soup and Costco mac n cheese.

Next up: out to lunch at a French bistro with Dd. ✔️ 

Later:
Work at church ✔️ 

Learn how to set up a YNAB acct for Dd.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Hi, everyone!

Two kids are home sick today, so most of my schedule has been wiped clear.

morning dishes & kitchen cleanup

laundry x2

phone tag from doctor appointment 2 from earlier this week

pay federal taxes 

kid1 dr. appointment 

school with Youngest

kid4 activity taxi service

I finally found the watch repair kit so I'll probably do that this afternoon and clean the bathrooms---we'll see how much time I have to work stuff in.

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Spent a lovely morning shopping with dh and making plans for the next few days.  I also got in a 4 mile walk and 20 minutes of yoga, among other things.

DS came home from school (half day) and took a nap in his hammock.  He woke up in much better spirits and enthusiastic about tonight's tryout.  DH, meanwhile has gotten a taste of what my usual week is like.  I wake up around 5 and crash at 10:30.  DS does similar, but I wake him at 6.  I make sure he has a base diet that gets in the carbs/protein proportions he needs at the right times, so there's a lot of meal fixing. (I don't care what he eats beyond the minimum).  DH has had to be at work early this week and then has taken ds around and the man is EXHAUSTED.  He is beginning to understand why I am reluctant to stay up until he gets home from work. 

• Like 4

We went to Grandma's; that was a delight, though we couldn't stay and visit. Came home with the pole/sign/thing. And she sent everyone home with more things from the (now closed) art gallery, so their hearts are happy.  Then went to dinner out at a NY style deli, which was delicious. 

Now home, Oldest is going to his church, DH & the other 2 are out for a walk; we'll veg out when they get back. 

• Like 4