Menu

Tackling Tuesday 3-12-24

It is supposed to be 70 today!  We have already had some sunny days.  I am going to go hiking and enjoy the weather.   I was able to get some walking in while waiting for the kids at dance.  Warmer weather and it staying light later for the win.  We have one more day of this weather before it gets colder.

Oh man I woke up before 5 am.  Not good when I didn't go to bed until 11:30 pm.  I think after a long while I was able to go back to sleep because when my alarm went off I was having a bad dream that I lost my wallet and that was the only money I had to exist at all.  You know those dreams that you wake up and you are crying from in your sleep and it takes you a bit to figure out that it isn't real?  

Ok, off to the busy day.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I'm making lasagna today.  It's one of those meals that will keep me in and out of the kitchen for the next few hours. 

• coffee
  • take ds to school
  • violin
  • work out
  • make the pasta dough
  • make lemon squares for after dinner
  • start on the sauce.  The tomatoes simmer and break down for about two hours.
  • hide the vegetables: finely grate the zucchini, chop the spinach, mince the mushrooms to augment the meat sauce
  • put it all together
  • help ds with his homework
  • vacuum rugs
  • wash the bath mats
  • clean the kitchen
  • work on a puzzle?  Maybe
  • have second dinner ready when ds comes home from tryouts.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I slept late, made a nice B’fast with plenty of leftovers, and am enjoying my coffee. Lovely spring day here!

Later:
Electronic chores and deskwork ✔️ 
Buy movie tix for tonight ✔️ 
Enjoy being outside ✔️ 
Read
Take price tags off books ✔️ 
Meals are leftovers/what’s here.

Go see Dune.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Tuesday is a good movie day! Tickets were only $6.50 each. 

Made a vet appt for dog to have his nails clipped.

Called the Driver Training place to make payment, but got vm. 

Edited a sign-up genius.

Gonna go out in a bit to run some errands.

• Like 4

Good Morning

Another 60 degree sunny day.

Morning dog walk done 

groceries ordered need to pu 

clean produce. I have started cleaning produce and putting in clear boxes in fridge and people are eating more veg and berries 

start taking winter storm windows down. Need fresh air in the house. May regret if we have a polar wind again.

walk dog this afternoon

plant cold weather veg in raised containers 

More will come up on my list 😅

• Like 4

Ugh! The new annual review form/process at my church job is  awful. I hate this stuff. I guess everyone does. 

Printed it, but not going to spend a pretty afternoon on it. Headed out to do errands and enjoy the sunshine. 

• Like 4

I got in a 3 mile walk and helped ds set up his hammock.  He's so thrilled to finally have his own (and the good weather to use it since it's been in his closet since Christmas!)

Sauce is simmering.  Nobody can tell that there's nearly a full amount of your daily veg in there. 🤣  My family doesn't complain when it's something like stir fry or a curry, where vegetables are supposed to be, but I have been informed that lasagna is meat sauce, cheese, and noodles.  Nothing else.  Okaaayyy.

Kitchen is clean.

Lemon bars are cooling.

I have a feeling that dh will come home exhausted and it'll fall on me to take ds to tryouts tonight.  We'll see how that goes.

• Like 4

Dune was good, but very intense and I probably should have waited to see it on the small screen. Amazing how much George Lucas stole from George Herbert. 

Gonna get a snack and read to wind down.

• Like 2