Menu

annandatje

53 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

insomnia since birth

tph2 gene for 5htp which is the precursor to serotonin and melatonin. I never used to get tired like typical people, and now I do every night. 

53 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

haemoglobin levels

Poor @annandatje I guess eat a burger with some b12 (run genetics to know which type), an iron pill, and a liver pill for the trace minerals like copper, wait 4 hours, THEN eat the ice cream. The calcium will bind the iron, so don't eat them together. 

To determine your form of b12 (methyl, adenosyl, hydroxy, etc.) they look at your comt and vdr genes. Or you could assume you need methylated and do that.

Edited by PeterPan

20 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

tph2 gene for 5htp which is the precursor to serotonin and melatonin. I never used to get tired like typical people, and now I do every night. 

Poor @Eos I guess eat a burger with some b12 (run genetics to know which type), an iron pill, and a liver pill for the trace minerals like copper, wait 4 hours, THEN eat the ice cream. The calcium will bind the iron, so don't eat them together. 

To determine your form of b12 (methyl, adenosyl, hydroxy, etc.) they look at your comt and vdr genes. Or you could assume you need methylated and do that.

Not meant for me?  But a burger sounds great!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Oh you're right, I'm a dingdong.

I assume your anemia reply was for OP 🙂 heme iron works for me so I could boost my levels up fast if I have to by having red meat for lunch and dinner daily. 

23 minutes ago, Eos said:

Not meant for me?  But a burger sounds great!

In-N-Out burger protein style (https://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu) extra everything works for me as an anemic boost and affordable enough for an occasional treat. 

ETA: 

@annandatje regarding your test results, my oncologist ordered that one for me too years ago but mine was in the normal range so I have no idea. 

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PeterPan said:

The solution is always ice cream. Go buy a carton and keep eating till you know the answer. 

I've done this for the past few years and I don't know any answers, but I've gained so much weight that none of my clothes fit and I feel awful.  😞