Menu

I just need to scream . .. .

gardenmom5

my brother . . SCREAMMMMM

I mentioned my EBV is doing better, tried to explain it is a virus that lives in our bodies, and can become reactivated so the goal of treatment is to get it to go latent (or at least very quiet) again . . SCREAMMMMM

He insists that the medical community lies when they say viruses can stay in your system forever. . . . I shut him up (and he ended the phone call) by bringing up the herpes zoster. 😜 😂  the herpes virus that causes chicken pox, and later in life can cause shingles.  same virus. . . .   He got STD herpes from one of his wives? (he's had three)  girlfriends? . . . heh heh.  it shut him up.    

He also says a dr told him he's missing a chromosome.   He BSN daughter asked him which one, "he doesn't remember".  I asked him which one . . . .He doesn't remember. 

Big deep breath, count to ten . . . 
that's all . . . .
sometimes I wonder why i talk to him . . .  But I do, on my terms.

11 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

my brother . . SCREAMMMMM

I mentioned my EBV is doing better, tried to explain it is a virus that lives in our bodies, and can become reactivated so the goal of treatment is to get it to go latent (or at least very quiet) again . . SCREAMMMMM

He insists that the medical community lies when they say viruses can stay in your system forever. . . . I shut him up (and he ended the phone call) by bringing up the herpes zoster. 😜 😂  the herpes virus that causes chicken pox, and later in life can cause shingles.  same virus. . . .   He got STD herpes from one of his wives? (he's had three)  girlfriends? . . . heh heh.  it shut him up.    

He also says a dr told him he's missing a chromosome.   He BSN daughter asked him which one, "he doesn't remember".  I asked him which one . . . .He doesn't remember. 

Big deep breath, count to ten . . . 
that's all . . . .
sometimes I wonder why i talk to him . . .  But I do, on my terms.

Missing a chromosome? So what, he’s claiming adult-onset Downs Syndrome? Or was the doctor just insulting him and assuming he was too stupid to understand? 

43 minutes ago, Katy said:

Missing a chromosome? So what, he’s claiming adult-onset Downs Syndrome? Or was the doctor just insulting him and assuming he was too stupid to understand? 

Downs is a trisomy - there are three of chromosome 21. (one of several known trisomies)

I think   . . . he doesn't know the difference between gene and chromosome.
I also think - the dr never said he was missing a *chromosome*.

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Down syndrome involves an extra chromosome, not a missing chromosome. 
Turner syndrom is the only common human monosomy (because other monosomies typically result in miscarriage) and it occurs only in females--it's a condition where there is only a single X chromosome, with no second X or any Y chromosome.

• Thanks 1