Menu

What do you use your 3d printer for?

Tap

BF has one and it hasn’t been used in the 18months we have been together. I really don’t see the use for a regular household. What do you use yours for?

He bought it, hoping his son would show some interest, but he never did. 

Just curious what people use them for. Outside of just masking things cause they can, like the demo items. 

My son is now on his 3rd one. 
His kids are now creating with it. 10 year old asked me what he could make for me…I told him I needed something for my sewing room to hold my tv and Roku remotes. He spent hours getting it correct, but he is learned how to use calipers and write the program. I also have a thread catcher for my serger and bobbin holders for my thread spools. 

They are crating home dec items, like Christmas trees for their bookshelves. Adorable .

My son 3D printed an entire Catan game and DIL painted them. Time consuming,  but fun to play. 

I can’t remember  the items they have made, chip clips, paper towel holders, clips for storm windows, for starters.

They made my Dh a fitting for inside his bicycle brakes.

There are several websites , this is one of them.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiTwLbIoPuCAxVyAHkGHXWLDzoQFnoECBIQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thingiverse.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw0DgCE8UIqwFB_fx63M7hTX&opi=89978449

Edited by KatieJ
  • Like 1

Fun game we did last year Christmas. 
My son printed 4 of these rockets in 4 different colors. Then mixed up the pieces and put them back together so each racket was unique, like the one in the photos.  4 “volunteers” took them apart and put them back together while being timed. The shortest time was 45 mins! 

IMG_3725.jpeg

IMG_3724.jpeg

• Like 6

Ds has one but hasn't used it in a while.

Some things he made:

A clacker for his guitar
Nerf gun attachments for himself and a few of his friends
Saturn (Apollo) rockets for his nephews (our grandsons) which he made in several pieces put together, and painted
Other little toys for the nephews
A succulent planter for me
Some little ghosts for our Halloween decorations
An extension for his fish tank light

He works at an aquarium/fish store and has made fish tank covers for some of their tanks. He also made hermit crab "houses" for the crabs in the store.