Menu

Amazon package wet inside, would this bother you?

I placed an Amazon order of 2 items which came separately, with the sealed bag of chocolate chips in a bubble wrap envelope with no tears.  I reached my hand in and thought, that's weird, I'm pretty sure my hands were dry but now my fingers are wet. I looked at my hand and yep, moisture. So I pulled the chocolate chips out and the gift receipt and small printout of the name of the item.  Yep, the papers were all the way damp. The package of chips were a bit wet as well, like maybe they had been in a grocery cart on the way to the car and got sprinkled a bit with rain (the best way I can describe it).  If the item had been a paperback, I would not have been happy with it. Although not soaked, pages would have gotten a bit warped.    But it's a food item, although sealed.  It looks like water. But, what the heck?!

What do you think, should I contact Amazon and complain?  What are your thoughts or what would you do?

12 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I would call and complain, because that's just weird!

Ditto. Amazon has quickly replaced things like that for me in the past with only a small effort on my part. It’s really no big deal to them. I’ve both called and used the chat feature on their website with equal success. 

Don’t think of it as complaining, think of it as helping them be aware of whatever problems might be going on in their packing/delivery process. I mean, you say “wet” but who knows if it’s just water or something else? Good to let them know. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

Don’t think of it as complaining, think of it as helping them be aware of whatever problems might be going on in their packing/delivery process. I mean, you say “wet” but who knows if it’s just water or something else? Good to let them know. 

Great suggestions, thanks all.  This would be helpful for them for sure.  I hadn't thought about that. 

19 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

Yes, or maybe do the covid-grocery thing and spray all with H2O2.

Good idea, because if it is something else, even if I were careful to open the package, I wouldn't want any to get on the food.  And wash hands for sure.  

2 minutes ago, Shoeless said:

The package wasn't wet on the outside at all?  That is weird. 

Not at all. I just went over the packaging. The sides are heat sealed, with 1 small opening where a pencil could fit in.  But not large enough to get that kind of moisture in.  It was kind of like someone picked up the bag with wet hands?   I just don't want to know...!  I'll contact Amazon for sure!