Menu

The honesty of children isn't always pretty!!

Oh dear.

Sounds like my dd5 who was just reading a human body book in the car and says "Ooh Mama, here ya go. It says when you consume more calories than you burn, the calories turn into fat and are stored...."

I didn't even listen to the rest.:glare:

Merci.

Edited by Blessedfamily

I had to explain to my son that he should never EVER EVER discuss a woman's weight or facial hair in public. There was a mom at school that looked remarkably similar to a man. For the longest time Drew would ask his friend if their dad was going to pick them up and when their mom showed up he would scowl and tell me they were liars. When I found out what was going on (he argued with the kids about whether or not she was their mom), I explained that some women DO grow facial hair and it is very cruel to point that out. Then I told him to ask himself if he thinks someone KNOWS about an issue with their body/face, before he decides to point it out to them.

This morning I was hugging & kissing dd on her cheek, and she says "Ow! Something felt prickly" then she gets up close and stares at my face and says "You have some black hairs growing there-are you growing a moustache!!??" Kind of an eye opener. Guess it's time to wax.:tongue_smilie:

:lol:

But thank goodness because who else would tell us?

:lol::lol::lol:

dd3 was asking why the Grinch is green, and I made a big deal about how he is green b/c he is mean, and grumpy. Her next question was: "Why are your eyes green, Mommy?" :001_huh: I just LAUGHED! "It's my inner-Grinch sweetie.":D:lol:

ETA: My favorite - I was standing beside ds5 helping him with penmanship and he just plugged his nose. He didn't say a WORD - just held that little nose tight.......Then a few minutes later he asked me if I had to drink so much coffee before we do school?:lol: I guess he doesn't like coffee breath.:ack2:

Edited by 3blessingmom

When my dd was 2 or 3 she fell down. I picked her up and kissed her owie and said the usual, "There, mommy kissed it. All better!" (it wasn't a very big owie.) She looked up and said, "No, NOT all better! That didn't help at ALL!":ohmy: :sad: Wha....I thought kids believed that stuff! :tongue_smilie:

Hmmm to many honest comments around here

When dd was about 7 she was playing hair dresser with my hair, and said "mom your hair is awesome!" so I thought she was paying me a compliment and said "really? thank you" she says "yeah it's gold at the bottom and silver at the top". I had been growing out the strawberry blond dye job I had and trying to get my hair back to normal, apparently the greys were showing.

Or my my ds5 telling the dr I was having another baby. When I corrected him and said no I wasn't, he pokes me in the belly and says "then why is your tummy big like a baby is in there"

Or my oldest ds when he was about 6, saw me plucking some facial hairs, and then proceeded to tell everyone he saw that I had wiskers like his Poppa.

Grrr, nothing is off limits with kids.

When my dd was 2 or 3 she fell down. I picked her up and kissed her owie and said the usual, "There, mommy kissed it. All better!" (it wasn't a very big owie.) She looked up and said, "No, NOT all better! That didn't help at ALL!":ohmy: :sad: Wha....I thought kids believed that stuff! :tongue_smilie:

:lol: that is adorable