Menu

Monday Tacklers here! 10.2.23

ScoutTN

My schedule is a bit different this week and next will all the Fall Break adjustments. 

Today I am hoping to make some progress on Dd’s room, but much depends on Dh. Goal: everything moved back in and good to go by midday Friday. Dd will be home late afternoon Friday. 

Possibly: paint a bookcase and a chair? Start moving things back into her room? Order or buy a window shade?

To Do:
Shower ✔️ 
Tutor 1 student in the morning ✔️ 
Lunch meeting at church ✔️ 
Bookstore ✔️ 
Tutor 1 student in the afternoon ✔️ 
YNAB catch-up

Dinner is lettuce wraps and pot stickers. Plenty of leftovers here too. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good Morning

• Only 1 zoom meeting today
  • lots of thunder going on now so hopefully we will get rain
  • Organize clean dining room area which has become a catch all
  • this morning when I took Delta out of her kennel the pup figured out how to open a zipper on her bedding and pulled some filling out. Praying she didn't eat any and if did that if did that it will pass without problems.
  • If anyone is in the market for a kitchenaid stand mixer bowl lift best buy has them on deal of the day for 279.99

• Like 2

Howdie, how's your Monday going?

I have 2 clients with crazy issues that are holding up reports that are due today.  One of the issues is really stressing me out.  It's not my fault, but it would have been better if I'd noticed it earlier ....

And I have additional reports that I should be doing, but I want to take a break.

Also I remembered something I had promised a while ago but completely forgot about it - I guess it got mentally buried with all the crazy tax stuff that was going on in mid-September.  UGH.

And my kids' grades are ... let's just say I may be confiscating everything remotely fun in the near future.

Anhyoo.  When can I retire again ???

• Like 2

Got the two work sticky work issues mainly solved; now I just need to crank the work out, and hope others cooperate in signing the papers that need signed.

But in general life stuff, I am having that feeling that nothing I ever did as a parent or as a human was right.  It's probably hormonal, right?  I am questioning everything, and I have that feeling that I wanna hit people who annoy me, LOL.  I've already cussed a lot at my computer today.

Anyhoo, back to the work.  I guess once it's done, I'll feel good about that.

• Like 2

Picked up a roller shade for Dd’s room at Lowe’s today. Hopefully Dh can get the shade and the curtain rod up today or tomorrow?

Ds skipped practice today, ostensibly bc he has homework to do. Sigh. I need to go login and check his grades, but I don’t want to deal with it. This kid is so, so hard. Three more school days til Fall Break! 

Need to figure out when to take mom to run errands.

Also need to return a call to Tracfone. 

Time to make dinner. 

• Like 1

Dinner was good.

The roller shade doesn’t fit and I will return it tomorrow. Will check Home Depot tomorrow, but I suspect we’ll end up having to order what we want. Dh did get the door knobs back on today.

Spent all evening emailing with Ds’ math teacher trying to get clear on how her class works, what Ds needs to do differently to do better, etc. Also emailed the math intervention teacher to request more time focused on Ds’ current coursework. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

The reports that were due today are all done and out.

I still have some that were already overdue, but I am going to try to do those tomorrow.

Winding down, hoping to find something interesting to read / listen to while I chill before sleeping.

• Like 1