Menu

Need non-internet/data games for phone

kbutton

I sometimes have to wait where there is no complimentary internet, and I would like a few games for my phone.

NO GROSS ADS—I loved Woodoku, but the ads were nastier by the day.

I like Tetris sort of stuff.

I had Wordscapes, but when I spent a huge amount of time figuring out non-words, that drove me nuts.

Free or nearly so is my price point—if a tiny bit of pocket change nets no ads and better functionality, I would consider it.

I have downloaded the first game ever on my phone and it is very relaxing. It is called Unpacking. You put away items in a room (you can choose to put them wherever you like, or turn on a thing which says it's in the wrong spot), and meanwhile find out the story of the person's life. I bought it for my kids to do on the plane as a calming thing, but I am finding it calming too. Oh, and it was made by a bunch of young Australians so I was happy to pay a little bit. 

Unpacking: a zen puzzle game about unpacking a life (unpackinggame.com)

Edited by bookbard
  • Thanks 1

My dd and I have enjoyed the Bart Bonte color games. You just get a screen and have to figure out how to solve the puzzle via tapping, swiping, etc. There are clues available if you get stuck, but for those you need to watch an ad and I assume Internet would be needed at that point. We've not noticed objectionable ads. I think there are around 50 levels for each color.

• Thanks 1