Menu

That is all

TexasProud

1 hour ago, Alice said:

Yes to all of this. I did a tap dance class for a couple of years and I was by far the youngest at 50. I was a terrible tap dancer and it was the absolute most fun thing I've done in a long time. We performed in a recital which was both terrifying and amazing. 

Now actually, taking a tap class would be a blast.  I still remember the look on my daughter's face when I put on her tap shoes and did all the complicated combinations that I still remember.  LOL..  She had no idea I could move that way.  Unfortunately there are no adult classes around here even if I were home.  I took tap, ballet and jazz for over a decade and even dance on point for a very short time.  But tap was my love. I didn't have to be graceful, and I loved the rhythmic aspect to it. 

At some point it would be fun to do community theater. Maybe in another 3 years or so.  We'll see. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 7:10 PM, TexasProud said:

Now actually, taking a tap class would be a blast.  I still remember the look on my daughter's face when I put on her tap shoes and did all the complicated combinations that I still remember.  LOL..  She had no idea I could move that way.  Unfortunately there are no adult classes around here even if I were home.  I took tap, ballet and jazz for over a decade and even dance on point for a very short time.  But tap was my love. I didn't have to be graceful, and I loved the rhythmic aspect to it. 

At some point it would be fun to do community theater. Maybe in another 3 years or so.  We'll see. 

That is cool you know how to tap dance! 

What happens 3 years?  

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

That is cool you know how to tap dance! 

What happens 3 years?  

I won't be traveling to see my daughter nearly as much. She graduates in May.  I have a sneaking suspicion I might have a wedding or two during that time as well. Then, I will just be traveling for mission work or fun, which I could plan a little better.  I don't have a choice when her performances are scheduled.  

On 8/31/2023 at 2:10 AM, TexasProud said:

Unfortunately there are no adult classes around here even if I were home. 

Online classes maybe?  Of course doing it in a group is more fun, but just building your skill level back up may be satisfying too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hannah said:

Online classes maybe?  Of course doing it in a group is more fun, but just building your skill level back up may be satisfying too.

Oh definitely, though what I know about myself if that I won't do it if it is just by myself. I need a group. Sounds stupid, but I have joined a writer group where they have set times for you to write.  The fact that I am  paying xx a month to be a part of this makes me go.  So I would need to find something like that maybe.  I am definitely Gretchen Rubin's obliger, so it is best if someone else is counting on me or something. 🙂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I need a group. 

I need a group too.  I started art classes in July and I'm learning a ton from the teacher, but it is making the commitment and setting the time aside to go to class that is leading to the most progress.  I'll also be travelling in the next month, but will just slot in again when we get back.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:21 PM, Melissa Louise said:

Sweet and wonderful is truly boring. I do not want to know sweet and wonderful people. 

LOL.  I just had to respond to that.  When we were dating, my sister said we were the most boring couple she had ever met.  That has become a private joke to us..  We kinda like being boring.  🙂     Her life was a real mess back then and she partied a lot and was in and out of relationships. 

Now she is happily married and equally boring.  I don't mention that, though.  🙂 

5 hours ago, TexasProud said:

Oh definitely, though what I know about myself if that I won't do it if it is just by myself. I need a group.

Since COVID, some dance studios/teachers offer online classes. They work just like in-person, always at a particular time with a group of other students.