Menu

Lip Sync favorites!

Drama Llama

My youngest and his cousin and their friends are entered into a lip sync contest next weekend.  There is much discussion about the best songs for this.  Any suggestions I should offer?  

We'll have one group of 12- 13 year old boys, and another of 8-10 year old girls.  

Tom Holland - Umbrella is as good as it will ever get. That’s all I can ever add to a lip synch conversation. 🤣

Seriously though, as a child who couldn’t sing, lip synch events were my only shot at being a rock star. It’s fun for the kids AND the audience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Tom Holland - Umbrella is as good as it will ever get. That’s all I can ever add to a lip synch conversation. 🤣

Seriously though, as a child who couldn’t sing, lip synch events were my only shot at being a rock star. It’s fun for the kids AND the audience. 

I love this.  I think we need a number where costumes and goofiness can make up for some serious lack of dancing skills.

Right now the 12-13 year old group is split.  My kid is arguing for hitting the thrift shop and performing to Weird Al's "Tacky", but one of his friends really want to be Elvis.  So, negotiations are in process.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BandH said:

I love this.  I think we need a number where costumes and goofiness can make up for some serious lack of dancing skills.

Right now the 12-13 year old group is split.  My kid is arguing for hitting the thrift shop and performing to Weird Al's "Tacky", but one of his friends really want to be Elvis.  So, negotiations are in process.

I think an Elvis themed tacky mash-up would be beautiful. Can anyone blend two songs for you?  Lyrically, ‘caught in a trap’ would work, but tempo-wise ‘hound dog’ might make more sense. 

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I think an Elvis themed tacky mash-up would be beautiful. Can anyone blend two songs for you?  Lyrically, ‘caught in a trap’ would work, but tempo-wise ‘hound dog’ might make more sense. 

Hmmmm, that could be awesome, but also maybe more than we want to take on.

I'm sure my oldest could do this, but he's got a crazy busy schedule this week.

Are there other goofy songs people have to suggest?  My kid really wanted "I'm too Sexy" but one of the kids (Elvis) thinks it embarrassing.  

3 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

This is brilliant. My brain will be trying to work this out for the remainder of the afternoon. I’m thinking there should be a Kissin' Cousins reference in there, too. 😁

• Thanks 1

My brain read this as lip stick! 😂😂😂 Probably not the recommendations you are looking for!

Thriller

Bohemian Rhapsody

Ghostbusters

I Want to Rock and Roll All Night

Weird Al - Spend One More Minute With you (This one is kind of hilarious. I saw a foursome of teen boys do it dressed up like the Fonz, really fun.)

Stayin Alive - BeeGees - a little disco is always good. 😁

We Built this City - can't remember who did this one, was it Starship?

As you can see, I do for the oldies. But some of the best music was 70's and 80's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

LoL this came to mind as soon as I saw the thread title. Seriously unbeatable! 😂

I also love Bruno Mars and all the Uptown Funk versions I’ve seen. Opposite end of the spectrum might be Michael Buble tunes. 

OP, your guys have to go with what they’ll be most comfortable with so they can get fully into. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BandH said:

Hmmmm, that could be awesome, but also maybe more than we want to take on.

I'm sure my oldest could do this, but he's got a crazy busy schedule this week.

Are there other goofy songs people have to suggest?  My kid really wanted "I'm too Sexy" but one of the kids (Elvis) thinks it embarrassing.  Thr

Thrift Shop by Macklemore?  The costuming would be easy

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BandH said:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

The latest suggestion that has gotten traction is Old Town Road.  

Apparently it is very important if someone can play fake guitar.  

Yes. Having done three teenage boys in my house, I can confirm that Air Guitar skills are da bomb! 😂

17 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

For the little girls:

He's a Tramp - Lady and the Tramp

Everything is Awesome - Lego movie

Walking on Sunshine

I am having a harder time coming up with good ones for the younger age.

I don’t know what they picked, someone else’s mom has taken the lead on that.  I will come back and let you all know!