Menu

Edited with new question! In case you're wondering about my retirement plans

Drama Llama

My 12 year old has informed me that, after reading about the accidents on the Titan and the Byford Dolphin, he has decided to become a saturation diver. 

He plans to use the gobs of money he makes to buy a remote presence robot, so that each time he is decompressing, he (via robot) and I can go on vacations and see the wonders of the world.  This will keep me entertained "in my old age", which he seems to think will start in about 10 years. 

If at some future point, you are walking on the Great Wall of China, and you  see an old woman and a robot who talks like this  stop and say "Hi".  It will be me!

ETA:  My BIL suggested that he become a lawyer so he can make gobs of money, go on his own vacations, and not have to worry about being cooked by his own blood.  

DS said that was not the plan because being a lawyer is “boring” but then his brother pointed out that the food they send you through the hatch is probably also boring, so Baby Chef is now reconsidering, because he does love interesting food.  

He would like suggestions for jobs that make “gobs” of money and are not boring, and let you cook for yourself.  Any ideas for him? 

Edited by BandH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 36

3 hours ago, BandH said:

He is an oddly specific child.  

I have children like this! I very much appreciate.

And I watched the video links! Amazing stuff but no way in hades will I partake! 

I'm glad my autistic dd is interested in horsemanship and dressage. I used to be scared she would want to do hunter/jumper... HA! Guess I should be happy she hasn't fixated on deep sea diving! 🫠

2 hours ago, popmom said:

I have children like this! I very much appreciate.

And I watched the video links! Amazing stuff but no way in hades will I partake! 

I'm glad my autistic dd is interested in horsemanship and dressage. I used to be scared she would want to do hunter/jumper... HA! Guess I should be happy she hasn't fixated on deep sea diving! 🫠

It’s probably fortunate that he doesn’t have the persistence many autistic kids do.  He will have a new plan in a couple weeks.

• Like 2

• Drama Llama changed the title to Edited with new question! In case you're wondering about my retirement plans