Menu

Something Nice I Can Do For My Boss?

Kela

I want to do something mice for my boss to show her that I appreciate her. She took on a lot when she took on the position and she has been amazing. She's had to pull double duty and work really long hours. She also really looks out for her employees. I want to be encouraging but I don't want it to look like I'm being sappy or sucking up in any way. Any suggestions?

I think a nice letter telling her exactly what you said here but with more details would be great. People appreciate it when folks notice what they do (in a good way!) And I would tell her that you appreciate her.  

You could also do the gift card to a nice restaurant, but I think the physical letter - something you can store and go back and read later - that is more meaningful. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Send an appreciative note and cc her boss. In many companies gift giving between tiers of position is discouraged or forbidden to head off favoritism or the idea that you earn promotions by paying for them. A note will be beneficial to her at her next performance review.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the note idea. Letting her know that you have seen what she is doing is a gift in itself. If you want to avoid being sappy, just be direct rather than flowery, and make it short and sweet--but thorough.

Edited by Jaybee
  • Thanks 1