Menu

New glasses dilemma — make up tips?

Spryte

I have new glasses. Yay for being able to see again! I started vision therapy yesterday (I have a TBI from Lyme Disease, and actually need to learn to see again). 

Here’s the thing: the glasses are huge. Well, they feel huge. I am short, and kid-sized. My normal glasses are kid-sized (everything is kid-sized on me, shoes, medical stuff, clothes, whatever, not just glasses). But these are adult sized glasses, and a new (to me) shape, and whew, they feel huge! The selection of frames was abysmal, and I couldn’t see trying them on, so was completely dependent on others’ views. I can live with them, they are just big, and heavy (because prisms), but I’ll get used to them.

Here’s what might help: make up tips. My last glasses sort of managed to hide my under eye bags (sigh), but these don’t. At all. And these glasses really make my eyes stand out. I went with clear frames around the eyes, and it makes my eyes very noticeable. My normal make up routine is pretty light, but I think something new might be better.

Any recommendations? Application tips? Videos? I’m 51, so, errr, make up for the 20 something crowd won’t work well.

Thanks!

Edited by Spryte

For eye bags, chilled used tea bags or cucumbers would help. Massage around the eye area typical for eye strain headaches would help too.  As for makeup, matte concealer used for concealing eye shadows would help for the eye glasses magnifying effect but it’s basically trial and error. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Well, the good news is that big glasses are in. 

How is the texture of your under eye skin? At 51 it can be kind of crepey for some people and products can sit in the folds… Finding the right product and applicator might be a good first step.

A bit puffy, and possibly slightly crepey, but I think not too bad. 

Might be time for a trip to a good makeup counter. Haven’t done that in years. Sephora? I use mostly Clinique make up at the moment, but am open to anything that helps! 

Bags or dark circles or both? I find I can use less product if I color correct for the darkness. A little bit of matte peachy pink cream neutralizes the. Okie enough that I only need a little bit of a cream concealer to brighten the area. I keep it creamy and light so no product settles into fine lines. 

• Like 1