Menu

Aches and pains

fairfarmhand

I’m 43. I played high school sports and have lived on a farm for over 2 decades. All that to say is that I haven’t exactly been kind to my body over the years.

i have a damaged shoulder from carrying heavy buckets of grain. I fix that by not t carrying heavy buckets.

i have a damaged hamstring. I fix that by staying active. If I can keep it strong and flexible I have few problems.

my problem is this. I pulled a groin muscles last November. It still hurts me, especially when I’m running and active. I can’t keep my hamstring strong because exercise hurts my groin muscle. 

im going to the dr for a physical tomorrow. Should I ask for PT for the groin muscle? 

getting old is for the birds. I’m just 43. Things hurt all the time!

• Like 2

Yes, PT is wonderful. Some of the groin stuff can be complicated, anatomically, to sort out. Try to find someone who does a lot of pelvic floor and core in women work. Our ligaments can become damaged in having children and that can contribute. Piriformis issues can look like sciatica. Pubic symphisis issues can also have various contributing factors that need to be sorted out. It’s worth finding someone who can sort stuff out….and, for me, it was helpful to also be told conclusively to stop doing stupid stuff. You are going to be in the same body when you are 60. Don’t compound damage, iykwim.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Yes, PT is wonderful. Some of the groin stuff can be complicated, anatomically, to sort out. Try to find someone who does a lot of pelvic floor and core in women work. Our ligaments can become damaged in having children and that can contribute. Piriformis issues can look like sciatica. Pubic symphisis issues can also have various contributing factors that need to be sorted out. It’s worth finding someone who can sort stuff out….and, for me, it was helpful to also be told conclusively to stop doing stupid stuff. You are going to be in the same body when you are 60. Don’t compound damage, iykwim.

I’m done with the stupid stuff.

my ds and my dh were lifting a building (don’t ask, it’s a long story) and my dh says to me “hey you pick up on that corner” and I said “nope.” 

and I’ve had 4 kids so yeah my body has worked very hard. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fairfarmhand said:

I’m done with the stupid stuff.

my ds and my dh were lifting a building (don’t ask, it’s a long story) and my dh says to me “hey you pick up on that corner” and I said “nope.” 

and I’ve had 4 kids so yeah my body has worked very hard. 

lol    My dh was moving a 2-piece concrete bird bath last night.  Asked me to help him.  Before I even knew what I was saying, I blurted out " NO I'm not lifting that thing!!!  We have a (Gorilla) wagon, you know.  Or you could wait for ds to get here.  He'll be here soon."   All of which fell on deaf ears.  He moved it by himself. 🙄

Edited by kathyl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2