Menu

The key to making a good cheesecake...

I just have to share this b/c it's the season, and some of us will be making cheesecake. I have been making a pumpkin cheesecake for years and it always tastes great, but cracks on top and sometimes doesn't set up right.

Yesterday I found a new recipe for pumpkin cheesecake online and lo and behold, now I know *how* to bake it. It bakes at 275 deg. for an hour, and then stays in the oven for another hour with the heat off and door closed. It came out perfect!

I've been baking/cooking for years and never knew this, so maybe someone else here could also use the tip.

Merry Christmas!

My recipe for New York cheese cake takes about three hours to make from start to finish. Most of that is babysitting it.

I've been told by everyone who's had it that it's the best cheesecake they've ever had. I'm baking it today for a small Christmas party we are having this afternoon.

Recipe (in case anyone wants it)

4 - 8oz boxes cream cheese (regular, not light or fat free)

1 1/2 cups sugar

4 eggs

2 T flour

1/3 cup heavy cream

In mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and blend until smooth. Mix in flour and cream. Pour into crust-lined springform pan (I use a homemade graham cracker crust).

Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Reduce temperature to 250 and bake 35-40 minutes until just barely set.

Turn oven off, leave door ajar, and let cool in oven for 1 hour.

Remove from oven and chill.

ETA: I've had it crack a couple times. It might be my oven, though, which is very even and doesn't bake evenly.