Menu

I am SICK of my cast!

So there. Yesterday the kiddies and I went to Wegman's and bought a bunch of Christmas treats, and the entire time I was hobbling around, I kept thinking -- THIS IS NO FUN! I only managed part of the store before I told them that I just couldn't go further. Later I wrapped presents on the floor with it constantly in the way. Then it's such a pain to bathe, such a pain to sleep. Last night I lay there at 1:00am trying to get comfortable, thinking -- "If I could just cut it off right now!"

But of course I'll survive. It's been less than two weeks since I knocked the corner off one of my ankle bones, but I just wanted y'all to know...

I AM SICK OF MY CAST!

Off to drink coffee...

So there. Yesterday the kiddies and I went to Wegman's and bought a bunch of Christmas treats, and the entire time I was hobbling around, I kept thinking -- THIS IS NO FUN! I only managed part of the store before I told them that I just couldn't go further. Later I wrapped presents on the floor with it constantly in the way. Then it's such a pain to bathe, such a pain to sleep. Last night I lay there at 1:00am trying to get comfortable, thinking -- "If I could just cut it off right now!"

But of course I'll survive. It's been less than two weeks since I knocked the corner off one of my ankle bones, but I just wanted y'all to know...

I AM SICK OF MY CAST!

Off to drink coffee...

:grouphug:. That stinks! How long do you have to have it on?

Enjoy your coffee.

I AM SICK OF MY CAST!

Off to drink coffee...

I broke my foot almost 3 years ago, and all I could think for weeks was, "I don't have TIME to have a broken foot!!!!" It just slowed me down so much. Plus the swelling.......always having to sit down and put my foot up so the swelling could go down, only to have to do it all over again a couple of hours later.

I feel for you.

I was SICK SICK SICK of the thing after 2 days!

I survived shopping by using the motorized (or even push) wheelchairs many of the larger stores have. Most even kept my crutches in the customer service department.

For other times I had a regular wheelchair that I rented. Eventually a friend let me use one she owned. It was worth its' weight in gold!

When I was confined to a wheelchair during my last pregnancy my then 8yr dd was able to get the chair in/out of the trunk and open it up for me..

Oh! how I can relate! This too shall pass is the only way I got through it. Use the store wheel chairs, or scooter things (it is humbling) and let people help you. I just got out of my second cast this year and am finally walking without a cane. I hope you can get some rest - Tylenol PM helped me.

Good Luck.