Menu

leave my buckets alone . . . . .

gardenmom5

24 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Just bought a new mop today because my other ones disappeared into the ether of maleness. And when did such tiny mops become a thing? It was nearly impossible to find one big enough to fit a mop head.

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Halftime Hope said:

The 'ether of maleness' seems to suck up a fair number of my metal bakeware, too.  Arghhh.  (I tend to find it in the garage/artist studio with all kinds of artsy havoc on it...lots of resin.)

Plastic containers and dishtowels are sucked into the ether of maleness here.  Destroyed by paint remover, paint, glue, greasy dirt bike goo 😠 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Halftime Hope said:

The 'ether of maleness' seems to suck up a fair number of my metal bakeware, too.  Arghhh.  (I tend to find it in the garage/artist studio with all kinds of artsy havoc on it...lots of resin.)

Dh loves to cook... now I'm going to have to make sure he's turned off the burner... not the first time...

On sunday, I found an all clad omelette pan with a MELTING pancake turner in it ..

I'm surprised how easily it came up, though there is an outline remaining.  still wondering if it will be salvaged.

9 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Dh loves to cook... now I'm going to have to make sure he's turned off the burner... not the first time...

On sunday, I found an all clad omelette pan with a MELTING pancake turner in it ..

I'm surprised how easily it came up, though there is an outline remaining.  still wondering if it will be salvaged.

You can have my artist, and I'll take your cook. (Oh, gosh, the bliss of having a male in the household who could cook for himself! Ddil got my one male cook...she owes me big time!) I'm so sorry about the allclad -- good lord, do they think allclad grows on trees?!? 😑

I have half a dozen disposable aluminum pie tins in my bakeware cabinet. What did I find in the garage? My stainless steel pie tin. I wasn't nice about it.

I need to go think about the good things my 'artist' does, for sanity sake.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

You can have my artist, and I'll take your cook. (Oh, gosh, the bliss of having a male in the household who could cook for himself! Ddil got my one male cook...she owes me big time!) I'm so sorry about the allclad -- good lord, do they think allclad grows on trees?!? 😑

I have half a dozen disposable aluminum pie tins in my bakeware cabinet. What did I find in the garage? My stainless steel pie tin. I wasn't nice about it.

I need to go think about the good things my 'artist' does, for sanity sake.

he knows how much AC costs . . . for Christmas he bought himself an AC electric skillet. (there's a site that does their factory seconds.  they send notices when they have "sales".).  It's about the size of my 6qt skillet (which he hates because it's too big/doesn't fit on the burner).  his icky (not that) old electric skillet - fits inside.

speaking of . . . I still need to buy myself a christmas present. . . . . he gave me a "coupon" for steger mukluks. . . we don't live in an area I'd need them, we're not going to an area I'd need them.  and as pretty as some of the higher end ones are - I'm not going to just wear them around.  My costco sheepskin boots are fine.   

I started looking at medium suitcases . . . first attempt, I was shipped a LARGE suitcase (bags were mismarked at the factory), second attempt,  . . integrated locks, and while I attempted to change the combination, it didn't work and I couldn't open it (at least I'd already completely packed).  I spent time at the airport (after we arrived) chasing down the keeper of the keys TSA agent to open it.  (yes, I've seen the UTUBE vids of how to open them, I wasn't going to risk it not opening) . . . I used a regular lock on my return home trip.  (which it really wasn't designed to use).   then I started looking at wheeled laptop bags that would fit under the seat as I'm getting tired of my backpack . . . aarrrgggghhhhh.