Menu

More weird cat behavior...

knitgrl

Two years ago, a cat adopted us. We resisted for several months, but in the end, she won. She was someone else's cat at some point, because she's been fixed, so that was nice. Anyhoo, she likes to roll around in the driveway and get all dusty. The other day, she demanded to come inside and decided to do a little shake and the cloud of dust that surrounded her was impressive. I think we might change her name and start calling her Pigpen. The cats we had growing up were all clean. I have never experienced such a dirty cat before - she's in no hurry to get clean. Any ideas on why she likes dust baths?

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s normal. It’s one way that they cool down. It’s also a way that they remove fleas etc. (not saying that the cat necessarily has fleas). 

I had no idea they did that. Cats are such interesting creatures and the more I learn about them the more fascinated I become.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:43 PM, knitgrl said:

Two years ago, a cat adopted us. We resisted for several months, but in the end, she won. She was someone else's cat at some point, because she's been fixed, so that was nice. Anyhoo, she likes to roll around in the driveway and get all dusty. The other day, she demanded to come inside and decided to do a little shake and the cloud of dust that surrounded her was impressive. I think we might change her name and start calling her Pigpen. The cats we had growing up were all clean. I have never experienced such a dirty cat before - she's in no hurry to get clean. Any ideas on why she likes dust baths?

I don't if if this is the issue or not, but make sure her flea treatment is up to date.

• Like 2