Menu

Check My Work: AP Course Approval and Test Codes

I just want to make sure I have completed everything for my kids' AP classes. I went through the audit process with College Board and was approved for the courses. From what I understand this means I am allowed to label the classes as "AP" on their transcripts.

I then contacted my local high school and they gave me test codes to use to sign my kids up for the tests. I logged into my kids' college board accounts and entered the codes. I also paid a fee to the high school for the tests.

Am I missing anything?

My DD took a couple of AP classes at the high school last year and had a separate code from her teacher that she entered into her College Board account that was unrelated to signing up for the test. From what I can read I cannot issue a code like that to my kids because we are homeschoolers. I'm not allowed to access their test scores through my account. Does that sound right?

All of our AP classes were full at the high school this year. This is my first year fully homeschooling AP and I just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, Spring Flower said:

My DD took a couple of AP classes at the high school last year and had a separate code from her teacher that she entered into her College Board account that was unrelated to signing up for the test. From what I can read I cannot issue a code like that to my kids because we are homeschoolers. I'm not allowed to access their test scores through my account. Does that sound right?

There is a class code you can assign to your child. You generate the class code from your account and specify how many students you need the class code for. 
My kids tell me their scores once they get it so I never bother to see if I could see their results from my account. 

https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/exam-administration-ordering-scores/ordering-fees/ordering-exam-materials/help/find-join-code-for-class-section-exam-only-section

“For AP Teachers

After signing in to myap.collegeboard.org, you can click View Join Code + on the course card for each class you’re teaching.”

• Like 2

If you have approved your syllabus, you can create a class only section (no test) for your student to join:
https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/instructional-resources/ap-classroom/get-started/create-class-sections

After logging in, this link should have the "+ Add Section" link for any approved courses:
https://myap.collegeboard.org/courses

The benefit of doing this is that you have access to AP Classroom material and can assign it to your student (including past exam questions and AP daily videos). 

• Like 2