Menu

Re: AP World History prep

Is there anything particularly good AP World History prep. I know AC/DC is amazing for Econ. I am looking for something like that - incredible videos or study guides…. 
I am aware of CB resources and standard prep books. Just curious if there is something amazing out there. 

My DD enjoyed the Heimler's History videos on YouTube. He goes quickly in his videos so they are really just a review of key information, but they are interesting and entertaining. He does sell a course with worksheets and review which I did purchase for my DD, but I don't think she used much (because she was super busy last year).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I second Heimler's History as being really geared straight for the exam. He has videos that are also about how to break down the DBQ, SAQ's, etc. that are also pretty good. Not exactly how I'd do it, but different paths to a good answer.

Freemanpedia has really nice review pages that gather a lot of good resources.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farrar said:

Yeah, I second Heimler's History as being really geared straight for the exam. He has videos that are also about how to break down the DBQ, SAQ's, etc. that are also pretty good. Not exactly how I'd do it, but different paths to a good answer.

Freemanpedia has really nice review pages that gather a lot of good resources.

My dd had Heimler in person; she loved his class. He is a good guy.

• Like 2

Take a look at Anti-Social Studies as well. Emily Glankler is in the Big Three of content creators with Heimler and Freeman.

Heimler is concise and very engaging, with good review packets. You'll see over and over again all over the internet kids who pass AP history courses repeating the same praise for Heimler: "THIS man made me pass, not my teacher!" 🙂

Freemanpedia has amazing sites for each unit and subunit just chock full of supplementary info, art references, maps, and video links. Highly recommended to find fun and interesting hooks to add to the evidence for CER development. 

Emily (Anti-Social Studies) publishes 'teacher talks' to guide you into how to tackle each unit and where to put emphasis, what skills you need to develop and where pitfalls are, and publishes a ton of YouTube content that is excellent review, unit intros, or topical deep-dives. Her Patreon is very cheap and she has basically complete turn-key lesson plans linked to the AMSCO AP World History textbook with lots of additional assignment options for just a couple bucks. Very easy to follow, and she is engaging and available to discuss the course with. She talks about the experience not just from the content side, but the actual -teaching- part of it in a very frank and enjoyable way. 

EDIT: Emily also has a good history podcast series that ties well to AP World. Perfect workout material to brush up on history topics before you delve into them with the kiddos.

Edited by turkeypotpie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2