Menu

St. Louis peeps

BlsdMama

Suggestions? We're doing the zoo and the science center w/ youngest four - ages 8-12.  We don't want another big place to visit. I don't want to do the City Museum without the teens.  We were thinking about a stroll through Forest Park or the City Garden.  It's going to be wicked hot.  Thoughts? Is one in close proximity to the zoo or science center so we can walk from one to the other? Somewhere fun to eat?

MrsMommy has you covered. Here is a map of Forest Park so you can see what she means -- when you're at the zoo and science center you really are smack in the park. I usually count the zoo as a walk in the park, as a matter of fact. I am too lazy to walk from the zoo to the science center, but theoretically I guess a person could.

Edited to add that I don't recall if the Turtle Playground is currently interesting. Didn't one of the turtles get stolen?

The Jewel Box is a fancy little greenhouse. Very popular for weddings. It's free to go in a couple of mornings each week, other than that $1.

We have rented paddle boats from the boathouse and paddled around the lake.

Edited by GailV
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GailV said:

We have rented paddle boats from the boathouse and paddled around the lake.

Added to the itinerary! 

Um... are there really no food trucks in/around the park? We were thinking street tacos or something but I'm not finding much when I google?

1 hour ago, BlsdMama said:

Added to the itinerary! 

Um... are there really no food trucks in/around the park? We were thinking street tacos or something but I'm not finding much when I google?

I don't think I remember seeing any there outside of an event...that is weird, though, now that you mention it.

We go to Imo's Pizza across the highway from the Zoo (basically).
Also, HIGHLY recommend The Muny---outdoor plays, often they have a kids' performance.
(They had some flooding this week, sadly.)
Ted Drew's frozen yogurt is down the street as well.

The Arch would be inside (newly renovated in the past few years).
Magic House, kids' museum, is indoors too.
Six Flags Amusement Park (far across town, out West).

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 1