Menu

Tackling Wednesday Together

mom31257

Good morning! 

I was able to sleep in a bit despite the tree trimming happening at the house behind us. My sister is still sleeping. We don't have any definite plans for today, so we'll see what she would like to do while she is here that can be tolerated in this heat. 

• medicine
  • coffee
  • devotion
  • if she continues sleeping, I will work on lesson plans for next week (4 students)
  • meals (just two today: late breakfast and early dinner, because ds goes to work at 5 and needs to eat before going)
  • pay bills/update checking
  • will decide the rest after she is awake
  • Like 3

Good morning! Enjoy your day with your sister, Amy! 

My day today:
....coffee
...lesson plan/tutoring prep
...math with DS
...fill out, mail DS's registration for next year 
...look up TSI dates, download TSI prep stuff
...see about working on tidying the garage with the kids while DH is out of the house (as part of his father's day gift) (maybe)
...contact a friend who is a travel agent and see if she can help with locating a hotel for us in DC, or if that's too small a gig, or....??? (we've never used one)
...remember what I planned for dinner tonight, take care of that
....sew some more
....DS to church
....maybe go to the store while out & about vs going tomorrow -- remember the coupon! 
...home, veg out, watch TV

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 2

--texted the mom about pizza

--found the testing dates (any M-F during July/August)

--found the practice stuff, will set DS up with that this week

--DH has me checking on changing flights so we can attend a fencing tournament; messaged our coaches to see what they think

• Like 1

remembered/figured out dinner for tonight, and did what prep I need to for tomorrow (take the ham bone out of the freezer so DH can make beans with it) -- tonight will be "eggs baked in grits" which is a new recipe I found and sounds good

eating breakfast/working on tutoring prep

• Like 1

Good morning! 

I have made b’fast and coffee, packed my lunch, culled my inbox, made an appointment, called my mom, and logged all my tutoring sessions. 

11:00 student is coming at 12:15.
Then a 1:00, then home.

Go with Dd (more riding with new driver 😬) to a music lesson. Then, later, to/from a youth group event.

Dinner for me and Dh is leftovers. 

Several errands I could do. Might just work on stuff at home? Tutoring prep and AHG things I could do. 

It’s too hot to walk until after the sun goes down. 

Need to read for my reading challenge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Well, the 11, then 12:00 is now cancelled. I get paid anyway, but I could have been home for 2 hrs working….

This is why tutoring is problematic. Constant schedule juggling and too much wasted time.

(((hugs))) 

that is a bummer. 

• Like 1

Tutoring prep for this student is done - need to have DH change the printer cartridge, which I can never remember how to do, so that I can make copies before Friday. 

DS is done with his portion of math, and just finished lunch, so heading up to help him with the parts he needs help with, and then also set him up with the TSI review stuff. 

My travel agent friend wrote back, so I need to make sure with DH he actually doesn't mind using her. Ha. Oops. 

• Like 1

Worked in basement-tossed out 3 garbage bags of items that must have been important to me at one time but not now.

filled 2 boxes for donations

rotating sprinklers in the yard

zoom meeting  90 minutes

time with dog outside

clean birdbath before “heat dome”returns

pick rhubarb

harvest lettuces/greens

try to trim a few of the dogs nails

• Like 2

Survived a cross town drive and back with Dd. Only two near misses in over an hour of driving. Teen drivers take years off one’s life, I think. 😉

Eta: Another near miss tonight. Are all new drivers this bad? 

Edited by ScoutTN

Kids are at the youth group pool party. Dh will pick up.

Done:
unloaded dishwasher
started dog blankets in the wash
ate leftovers for dinner
trash can to the curb
quick vacuum in living areas
checked on Rx refill

Pausing to think and breathe! 

Edited by ScoutTN