Menu

Can We Share Father's Day Gift Ideas? I'll Go First.

Alicia64

My very hard-to-buy for dad LOVED this book on baseball that came out last year. He liked it so much that he sent a copy to his best friend a state away.

The Baseball 100. (Over 1200 five stars on Amazon).

I also had a real hit (no pun) in buying books about my dad's baseball hero (Stan Musiel). If you know your dad's favorite, you might get books on him/them too.

Adding: one year I sent chocolate dipped strawberries and he loved them.

I should add: I don't mean our husbands, I mean our dad who is 70 or 80 or 90. 🙂

I'd love to hear cool ideas.

Edited by Alicia64
spelling
  • Like 2

My daughter has purchased three Star Wars movies that my husband had on his Christmas wish list (but didn't get then).

I have several items for my husband ~

* a chocolate cigar from See's. (My husband handed out chocolate cigars at work when our daughter was born.)

* a cooling towel (to be worn around the neck on hot days. Can I admit that I really want to try this out?)

* several shirts (courtesy of our local thrift stores)

* a TINY makeshift stamp album that I found at a thrift store. It probably has under forty stamps but some of them are from the early 1900s. My husband has a big collection of stamps that were his and his father's; I'm hoping that some of these might be new to him.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

I am really passionate about supporting Ukraine.

World Affairs/Foreign Policy/International Relations has been something I've had an interest in from the time I could read, and I  started each day from kindergarten pouring over the newspaper. And it was my field of study in college, etc.

Anyway, I think this war is the most significant thing that has happened in world affairs since WWII. Very critical. And I'm all-in with Ukraine.

There is one watch making company in Ukraine. It is known as the Kyiv Watch Factory and their main brand is Kleynod.

They make many styles of wristwatches. When looking I saw one watch that I just loved. Oddly it was one of their least expensive watches ($155) that really spoke to me. It has Swiss quartz-movement rather than mechanical movement at that price.

I'm not getting one for Father's day, but I do have one on order to give to my son.

Here is the one he will be getting soon:

6aHxlCC.png

Here is a link to the US distributor: https://us.kleynodwatches.com/

There are many other styles, including their popular "Forces" line that has a sport/military look.

They have some items in stock here in the USA that they can ship directly. Orders out of Ukraine can run longer for obvious reasons, but they are shipping.

A possibility for the man on your list.

Bill

Edit: The very cool Forces edition KFS-810 does appear to be in stock in the USA (New Jersey). A nice looking watch IMO ($195):

2440.png

This is the model that many men in the UKR forces wear.

I saw a photo taken a couple days ago when President Zelenskyy visited the front lines. He was handing out gifts. It was hard to tell what. So, being curious, I imported the photo into my image-editing software program and zoomed in. It was this very watch.

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Duke Cannon large bars of soap - they come in different scents like beer, pine,  bourbon, campfire leather.  It can be found at Scheels, Fleet Farm, Duluth Trading Co, Kohls

This magnetic wrist band for tools is also a good idea.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XJ9YM7/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=AFKBI0QN21FWL&psc=1

Star Wars playing cards for good and bad characters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084T6M9N4/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084T6TSX6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A809168AKXRUT&psc=1

Edited by Lisa
  • Like 3

A friend in my hometown where my parents still live does a lot of baking. She had a post on FB of her Father's Day gift idea: Delicious cookies in a tackle box. He is always talking about this lady's treats (mutual friend), so I messaged her and she said she would deliver them to him (lives not far away) and I paid her through cash app. My dad is very hard to buy for, so I hope this works.

• Like 2