Menu

Help me brainstorm re: picture books authors

barnwife

5 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Hmm...I'm drawing a blank when I get to E so I'll have to come back to this later.

Please do, because I may have made a tiny, huge mistake. I told the kids the theme for our family reading challenge next month is author's whose last name starts with a vowel. And of course, now as I am making a list of picture books to request, I am drawing a blank! 

I can't believe Lois Ehlert wasn't on my list already though. I must need some sleep.

Yes, I could just grab some when at the library, but I prefer to have books waiting for us. 

If you aren't super-exacting, my library has a few picture books illustrated by Andrea U'ren 

When Spring Comes to the DMZ is written by Ok-Pae Yi - not sure how you feel about "y's" status as a vowel. 😀

There area few authors with I as a middle initial, P. I.  Maltbie (Bambino and Mr. Twain), Katie I. Davis books, or Nicola I. Campbell (A Day With Yayah), but my library doesn't show any with "I" as a last initial.

Fancy Nancy is Jane O'Conner, but I'm more intrigued by Captain Raptor and the Perilous Planet, by Kevin O'Malley!