Menu

Children’s Literature and places to visit

Elizabeth86

Dd and I walked past the Hotel Cornavin in Geneva where Professor Calculus stays in Tintin. 

the famous Cornavin Hotel. It has become very popular in Switzerland.
The mythic room of Professor Calculus hasn't always existed. Indeed the room number 122 has been built in 1999 during the Hotel renovation.
However the key of this room has been often stolen but inside of this new styled bedroom, no Tintin decoration have been made.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, Tanaqui said:

BTW, anybody who is interested in visiting where the All-of-a-Kind Family lived should definitely plan to do two things when they visit NYC. First, visit the Tenement Museum - you have to book a tour in advance - and then do a Big Apple walking tour of the Lower East Side, and I suggest their tasting tour.

And the Met of course for the From the Mixed up files of…

DD and I are reading My Family and other animals and I will try to take her to Corfu this summer.

we actually lived in “an old house in Paris that was covered in vines” (well, turned into three apartments but still)

DS spotted some Narnia related stuff in Oxford but DD has not read those books.

she did enjoy the HP Edinburg tour esp the cemetery.

Bit darker but DS read First they killed my father and then we visited the genocide memorial in Cambodia.

if anyone has ANY safari/Tanzania/Rwanda  setting books can you hit me up?

Edited by madteaparty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...