Menu

Airfare predictions?

Grace Hopper

So the cost of flights went up this past week. We have just decided to make a trip late summer. 

Personally I don’t think the rates will fall back anytime soon. But if any of you have a good reason to expect that lower fares may become available in the next month, please share. Otherwise we are ready to book. 

• Like 1

@Grace HopperI suggest that when a person is ready to book that they book.  Don't try to play games.  Book when you are ready to book.  I subscribe to the free email list from ScottsCheapFlights and I have Google Flights  Fare Trackers for my DD for 5 different dates in May for her to come home. DW suggested to her that she book as soon as she pins down the date. 

Also, avoid the difficult travel dates which are Sundays, Mondays (worst case) and Tuesdays if a PCR exam will be required for the flight. Easiest days are Wednesdays and Thursdays and Fridays. 

And, I suggest that people buy their airline tickets directly from the airline involved. If one buys from an OTA they are not the customer of the airline and must go to the OTA for help if they need help. That can be very problematic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do y’all think prices will go up a lot in the next month or 2?  Dd19’s roommate is getting married in July (dd is a bridesmaid), but doesn’t have a set date just yet.  Depending on the weekend, dd and I may drive to it (we have known roommate and her family for a long time), but dd may have to fly if I can’t go.  I can’t buy her a ticket without a date, so I’m getting nervous that it’s going to be extremely expensive.

17 minutes ago, athena1277 said:

Do y’all think prices will go up a lot in the next month or 2?  Dd19’s roommate is getting married in July (dd is a bridesmaid), but doesn’t have a set date just yet.  Depending on the weekend, dd and I may drive to it (we have known roommate and her family for a long time), but dd may have to fly if I can’t go.  I can’t buy her a ticket without a date, so I’m getting nervous that it’s going to be extremely expensive.

Probably.  I would be more concerned about availability.  We just bought a ticket last week for mid July, and they said it was one of the last seats.  

14 hours ago, thewellerman said:

Probably.  I would be more concerned about availability.  We just bought a ticket last week for mid July, and they said it was one of the last seats.  

Ugh!!!

We’re contemplating dates for ds to visit, and he was hoping for early July. We don’t specifically know what date we’ll be in the new house and I don’t want him coming to this house when we’ve packed all the extra beds, towels, dishes, etc., so I was hoping to wait a few more weeks to get a better feel for things. Now I don’t know.

He doesn’t drive, so that’s not an option.