Menu

Easy salsa recipe please.

AngelaGT

We go through a lot of salsa and it is time for me to make it from scratch.  I make an incredible guacamole so I am sure I can do the same with salsa.  If you have an incredible easy recipe that is medium spicy and has no sugar in it than please share the link.

Thank you in advance!🙂

2 cans whole tomatoes 

1 parboiled jalapeño pepper (cut tip off)

2 stalks of green onion

Hearty handful of cilantro

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp garlic salt

1 t. Dry minced onion 

1/2 tsp salt

Place ingredients in a blender and chop/blend. Taste and add additional spices as needed. (If it’s not spicy enough, increase the jalapeños)

eta: if it’s summer and I have super delicious fresh tomatoes, I’ll make a pico de gallo, but for year-round restaurant style salsa, the above recipe is yummy

Edited by mmasc
More info
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Dice fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and serrano peppers (de-seed and de-rib these if you wish to moderate heat, and you might want to use gloves), and then add salt and a squeeze of fresh lime.

Bill

Wise, very wise.

Says the woman who many years ago was gifted a bunch of jalapeno peppers and thought she would make several jelly jars of peppers that we could use throughout the year, and didn't wear gloves, and had never processed hot peppers before, and whose allergies were bothering her a lot, and who reached up to wipentears from the corner of her eye while wearing her contacts, and was quite certain she would go blind, and found it quite difficult to hold still long enough to instruct her never-had-he-ever-worn- contacts- husband how to remove her contacts from her retinas, going through an entire bottle of saline in the process of pursuing relief, and spening three days with one eye looking like the red devil eye of an albino rabbit.

Listen to Bill. Wear the gloves. Don't touch your eyes

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Wise, very wise.

Says the woman who many years ago was gifted a bunch of jalapeno peppers and thought she would make several jelly jars of peppers that we could use throughout the year, and didn't wear gloves, and had never processed hot peppers before, and whose allergies were bothering her a lot, and who reached up to wipentears from the corner of her eye while wearing her contacts, and was quite certain she would go blind, and found it quite difficult to hold still long enough to instruct her never-had-he-ever-worn- contacts- husband how to remove her contacts from her retinas, going through an entire bottle of saline in the process of pursuing relief, and spening three days with one eye looking like the red devil eye of an albino rabbit.

Listen to Bill. Wear the gloves. Don't touch your eyes

And eyes are not the only area one might touch and find it unpleasant.

Bill

I have 2 versions of fresh salsa:

Pico De Gallo which is the fresh version of the tomato salsa which we like a lot and always have some in the fridge for snacks: I use 1/2 a red onion finely chopped (substitute with white onion if you don't like red onions), 2 large tomatoes diced as finely as you can, 1 jalapeño finely chopped, 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, 1.5 teaspoon or more of kosher salt, 1 large lime juiced. Add more salt if needed and some freshly ground pepper optionally. Mix all of it together, let it sit for 10 minutes for the flavors to meld and serve with chips, burritos, tacos etc.

Peach and Mango Salsa: Recipe is same as the Pico De Gallo as above, but, the modification is to use only 1 tomato in this recipe and add 1/2 cup of cubed frozen peaches, 1/2 cup of cubed frozen mangoes. After mixing thoroughly, let it sit until the frozen fruit has defrosted and then give it another mix and check for salt and pepper.

• Thanks 1