Menu

Anyone else having problems w/ Amazon's Customer Service?

Angie in VA

I can't get the chat feature to work.

When I click on "Customer Service" on the home page, I get an error message saying, "Sorry. Something went wrong on our end. Please go back and try again or go to Amazon's home page.", and I get to see one of the "dogs of Amazon."

I've had this problem for days, so I finally broke down and called Customer Service. It took 3 calls, the last one lasting close to half an hour, and when I was disconnected (for the 3rd time, for a replacement order for a product that never arrived, that they keep guaranteeing next day delivery, and then they show and then remove the tracking info. GRRR!), I conceded. 

I will try again tomorrow, but I much prefer the chat feature and I always request an email of the transcript of the chat. 

While I wouldn't wish this frustration on anyone, I wonder if I'm alone. Can anyone else get the CS page to work? And initiate a chat?

1 minute ago, Angie in VA said:

I can't get the chat feature to work.

When I click on "Customer Service" on the home page, I get an error message saying, "Sorry. Something went wrong on our end. Please go back and try again or go to Amazon's home page.", and I get to see one of the "dogs of Amazon."

I've had this problem for days, so I finally broke down and called Customer Service. It took 3 calls, the last one lasting close to half an hour, and when I was disconnected (for the 3rd time, for a replacement order for a product that never arrived, that they keep guaranteeing next day delivery, and then they show and then remove the tracking info. GRRR!), I conceded. 

I will try again tomorrow, but I much prefer the chat feature and I always request an email of the transcript of the chat. 

While I wouldn't wish this frustration on anyone, I wonder if I'm alone. Can anyone else get the CS page to work? And initiate a chat?

I did use chat a couple of days ago (Friday)?  But couldn't find it easily like I used to and they didn't provide a transcript when I asked.  Instead, the representative sent me an email confirming the resolution of the issue I contacted them about.  

I hope your product arrives!  That is frustrating!  Mine was just a question before I ordered so it wasn't a big deal.

• Like 1

Ok, I just checked again.  I clicked on Customer Service at the top, then hit "something else" that was labeled with a question mark, then clicked "I need more help" on the next screen and chat popped up.  Hope it works for you! 

https://www.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/foresight/hubgateway-issues-9  eta - seeing if this link will work for you

Edited by Kassia
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I did use chat a couple of days ago (Friday)?  But couldn't find it easily like I used to and they didn't provide a transcript when I asked.  Instead, the representative sent me an email confirming the resolution of the issue I contacted them about.  

I hope your product arrives!  That is frustrating!  Mine was just a question before I ordered so it wasn't a big deal.

Thanks. This is no big deal, but stop guaranteeing next day delivery and then delaying it! 

Please know that I'm reasonable. Last month we had 12" of snow (18" in drifts!) and some deliveries were delayed. I was so glad! Please! Keep everything until the snow melts! Our driveway was blocked w/ downed trees for days. One delivery still came out. I watched it and saw it delayed just a little ways away. Sure enough, the poor driver was stuck for 45 minutes! Once I saw that the delivery was back on, I bundled up, grabbed a flashlight (since it was dark) and planned to stand at the end of the driveway (that was cleared of trees by this time, but not of snow!) to meet the delivery person. When I flipped on the light to head out, there she was coming up to the porch! I couldn't believe it! She walked in the dark and freezing cold down the drive to a dark house (no porch lights on.) I thanked her, insisted she take something from our goody box for delivery people (actually I made her take one of each offering!) and then I walked her down to her van, using the flashlight and stopping traffic so she could back out safely. 

I don't have unreasonable expectations and this is not a problem. It's a frustration! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kassia said:

Ok, I just checked again.  I clicked on Customer Service at the top, then hit "something else" that was labeled with a question mark, then clicked "I need more help" on the next screen and chat popped up.  Hope it works for you! 

https://www.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/foresight/hubgateway-issues-9  eta - seeing if this link will work for you

Thank you so much for looking at that for me and then linking it! 

I keep getting the error page. No one on the 3 (disconnected) calls had any knowledge of a problem on the CS page. And I'm polite! If I were a paranoid person, I'd think they'd blocked ME from accessing that page!

BTW, so far my favorite "dogs of Amazon" are Bowser, Mae, Butters & Marge. I don't think Kodak looks friendly. 

5 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

Please know that I'm reasonable. 

I don't have unreasonable expectations and this is not a problem. It's a frustration! 

No judgment at all!  🙂

We had a huge snowfall last month and saw a delivery truck get stuck in a neighbor's driveway and had to be pulled out - it was either Fed Ex or Amazon.  I'm never in a hurry for deliveries either and just want everyone to stay safe but I imagine some people really do need things delivered on time (meds?).  

• Thanks 1

Can you try a different browser?  I'm terrible with technology so when stuff like this happens (and it does frequently where DH can do something at a site on his laptop that won't work for mine) I have him take care of it.  How about logging out and then signing back in? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kassia said:

Can you try a different browser?  I'm terrible with technology so when stuff like this happens (and it does frequently where DH can do something at a site on his laptop that won't work for mine) I have him take care of it.  How about logging out and then signing back in? 

OK, now I *am* starting to get paranoid!

Yes, I mean to say in my original post that I did use a different browser. And three calls getting disconnected? I am not sure I'd believe me either, but I am super nice to customer service. I am not screaming or threatening. I am a good customer. 

The way I look at it is I helped them find a flaw in their system. Both times I have ordered (the original order and the free replacement) this book has gone to the wrong station. I think I should be rewarded with a free Kindle version while they figure it out and get me this book that still is guaranteed to get here the next day. 

Thank you for your help, Kassia! I'll let you know if I ever receive this dang book!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

I am super nice to customer service. I am not screaming or threatening. I am a good customer. 

The way I look at it is I helped them find a flaw in their system. Both times I have ordered (the original order and the free replacement) this book has gone to the wrong station. I think I should be rewarded with a free Kindle version while they figure it out and get me this book that still is guaranteed to get here the next day. 

Thank you for your help, Kassia! I'll let you know if I ever receive this dang book!

I think your resolution sounds very fair.  I'm surprised they aren't handling this better - Amazon usually has such excellent customer service.  I hope your book arrives soon!  

• Like 1

Well, Dennis (Denis?) in South Africa was lovely, and I don't just mean his accent. 

He was very helpful, and issued me a credit that would cover the Kindle version. I asked if it were a digital credit and he said it could be used for digital purchases or physical purchases.

Well, that wasn't quite true, because I was charged for the Kindle, but I chose a physical item without actually checking out and see that I have a generous promotional credit, so I am dropping it and will just start reading the dang ebook I had to pay for. 

The physical copy is supposedly still on its way to me. I'll still let you know when (if?) I receive it!

• Like 2

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I used the chat over the weekend. All I can think is they're overwhelmed because of having so many problems. Over the weekend I had two subscribe and save items out of my order that did not include all the products. I was supposed to get 8 boxes of something-I got one. I was supposed to get 6 deodorants-I got 4. Fortunately I got the full refund for both.

I had something that was supposed to arrive by Thursday, and it wasn't even sent by then. It had a tracking link but it just said "shipping delayed." I figured it was in package purgatory and I'd never get it, and I'd been charged already because it had a tracking link, but I couldn't get a refund because it hadn't been picked up. It finally shipped yesterday. 

I am 100% not going to renew my Prime subscription, especially with the price hike. I almost never watch Prime, and every order these days is basically treated like you don't have Prime in terms of shipping. So what am I paying for exactly? 

• Like 2

Two weeks ago, I ordered several items and delivery was supposed to be 4-8 AM the next day. Everything arrived as scheduled, except for one item. That one item hasn't shown up at all. Every time I talk to customer service, they tell me it's in the advanced stages of shipping and can't be cancelled or changed. They have no further information but assure me that I will receive shipping information when it's available. It's been TWO WEEKS for an item that was supposed to be delivered overnight. It's not a high value item but it's something we needed and had to buy elsewhere. Annoying. 

Edited by Insertcreativenamehere
  • Like 1

The book arrived today! And it wasn't until today that the tracking info was provided again. 

I clicked on Customer Service from the homepage again and got the same error message and another one of the dogs of Amazon. 

@OH_Homeschooler I hear you on not renewing. Ours is up in the summer. I tell ya, I'm enjoying our Roku and all the free offerings on that and on other channels. I would consider Hulu again too. We might be letting Prime go.

Thank all who responded for all the feedback. @Kassia, you deserve a special prize! 

Edited by Angie in VA

5 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

The book arrived today! And it wasn't until today that the tracking info was provided again. 

Thank all who responded for all the feedback. @Kassia, you deserve a special prize! 

Yay!  I'm so glad you finally got it!  Sorry about all the hassle.

No special prize - I've received so much help, advice, and support from our wonderful WTM community and just want to give back when I can.  Just wish my feedback had been more helpful!  But it all worked out and that's what is important.

We just renewed our Amazon Prime so don't have to think about the increase for a while.  And we do it at the student rate through dd's college email so it's definitely worth it for us.  

• Like 1

I used chat on Sunday and their service was great. The rep even said that he hoped my family and I were well during the pandemic. ❤️

Quick story: my mom *loves* talking to the people at Amazon. They are always so nice and helpful to her, even when she has questions about things unrelated to Amazon (like her Google account!). When she told one rep how much she enjoyed talking to her, the woman said, "I can chat a little longer" and they had a nice conversation about their kids and COVID and how things were going in the rep's country. It meant a lot to my mom.

• Like 1