Menu

Any Bargains on Snow Pants?

KungFuPanda

I impulsively decided to go snow tubing with my hiking group next month.  I need a decent pair of snow pants.  I'm open to suggestions of other waterproof pants that I can use as a layer.  I don't want super ritzy ski gear, but I figure if I buy these things I'll HAVE them for the rest of my life, so it might as well be something that'll last.  I'm guessing they'll get worn 2-3 times per year.  

So, where would I find women's pants that will keep me warm and dry in the snow, costs less than $75, and can be ordered and received before mid-February? I'd probably need a medium or large.  I don't know if the sizing takes into consideration how many layers I'll be wearing because I fear the cold above all.  I can't believe I signed up for this.  I hate the cold so so so much. I have adequate cold weather clothing aside from the pants.  If my legs get wet I'll be miserable.

Originally, when we were talking about this, I fully expected that we could do an overnight thing and I could hide in a lodge or something.  However, with Covid overstaying it's welcome we're going to day trip this one.  At the time it seemed like a good idea to push myself out of my comfort zone.  I'm the only one in the group who grew up sledding/tubing and I'm the least enthusiastic about our February activity.  A friend is in charge of picking me up at my house so that I "don't punk out."  They know me well. 

• Haha 2

Check thrift stores especially ones near winter tourist destinations. There one here that is closest to the local ski resort almost always has light used gear.

Alos, what size do you need? I have a Columbia suit (bottom and top with a long zipper) women’s large that I bought at said thrift store 6-8 yrs ago for a school field trip skiing that I only wore that one time. I would be happy to mail it to you. 

Edited by City Mouse
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 7:21 PM, City Mouse said:

Check thrift stores especially ones near winter tourist destinations. There one here that is closest to the local ski resort almost always has light used gear.

Alos, what size do you need? I have a Columbia suit (bottom and top with a long zipper) women’s large that I bought at said thrift store 6-8 yrs ago for a school field trip skiing that I only wore that one time. I would be happy to mail it to you. 

I had forgotten all about my quest for snow pants AND this thread.  Then one of my friends mentioned that she bought some snow pants for our adventure and it all came back to me.  Thank you so much for your offer.  I almost took you up on it, but today I ran by 2nd Avenue to see if they had anything.  They had one pair of women's snow pants in my size for $7.99.  I should be set for life.  They seem to be generously sized so I can put some layers under them.  They look really beefy, so I think they they'll keep me warm and dry.  Thanks for the advice.  I don't know why I didn't think of the thrift store myself but it was perfect.

• Like 1