Menu

Building a shelter for SOTW Activity

Daniela Whittington

26 minutes ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

Do it! Use a tarp! Have a BLAST! (And hey, if your cloud cover allows, you mgiht be able to expand the experience with the Perseids, too! ❤️ 

This is the stuff amazing childhoods are made of.

If I can’t figure out a structure we can make without a tarp I definitely will use one rather than ditching the entire idea. And yes on the Perseids! I’m crossing my fingers!

P.S. I love your quote!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniela Whittington said:

Thank you! I’m heading to find this!

I found it for you.  It starts on page 148: How To Go Camping Without a Tent.

Oldest had a paperback copy.  By the time we finished his middle school years we had worn it out to the point where it split in two - and warped his copy of Dangerous Book For Boys.  We did a LOT of outdoors things between literature and scouting.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

I found it for you.  It starts on page 148: How To Go Camping Without a Tent.

Oldest had a paperback copy.  By the time we finished his middle school years we had worn it out to the point where it split in two - and warped his copy of Dangerous Book For Boys.  We did a LOT of outdoors things between literature and scouting.

I have the PDF loaded now! I’m thinking I’m going to invest in a hard copy and now I’ll look up Dangerous Book For Boys!