Menu

Would anyone share a potato soup recipe?

try this one, you won't be sorry! :001_smile:

Crockpot Potato Soup

8 cups coarsely chopped peeled potatoes

1 small onion, chopped(1/3 cup)

chopped ham or cooked bacon ( I usually use about 3/4 cup of real bacon bits)

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (I use fat free, tastes the same)

3 cans chicken broth

1 can cream of chicken soup

salt and pepper to taste

place potatoes, onions and ham or bacon in crockpot. in a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and add to crockpot.

cover and cook on low 8 hrs. or on high for 4 hrs..If you like, mash the potatoes slightly for a thicker consistency right before serving..

this is the BEST potato soup recipe that I have ever made, when I take it somewhere, everyone wants the recipe

this is my mother-in-laws recipe, and it tastes great on a cold day:

chop up a heap of potatoes , chuck into a pot. add a bacon bone, 2 carrots ,grated , one onion, 1/2 a bunch of celery including leaves from top , and water and cook. add salt and pepper. remove bacon bone and put any meat into the soup. mash with a potato masher. add some parsley to the top and enjoy!

try this one, you won't be sorry! :001_smile:

Crockpot Potato Soup

8 cups coarsely chopped peeled potatoes

1 small onion, chopped(1/3 cup)

chopped ham or cooked bacon ( I usually use about 3/4 cup of real bacon bits)

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (I use fat free, tastes the same)

3 cans chicken broth

1 can cream of chicken soup

salt and pepper to taste

place potatoes, onions and ham or bacon in crockpot. in a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and add to crockpot.

cover and cook on low 8 hrs. or on high for 4 hrs..If you like, mash the potatoes slightly for a thicker consistency right before serving..

this is the BEST potato soup recipe that I have ever made, when I take it somewhere, everyone wants the recipe

This sounds like my recipe except I fry the bacon and crumble it on top of the soup once it is in the soup bowl and add some shredded cheese. YUMMY!!

Mine is the same as Dena's, but I also do the bacon on the side and crumble it on top. No one in my house likes mushy bacon. I also used dried chopped onions as this is the way I originally made it, and my daughter prefers it this way.

I do take out half of the cooked potatoes, mash them with the cream cheese and add them back into the soup. Then I cook it for about an hour more.

Jennie

Cheesy potato soup

1- 5lbs of potatoes peeled and sliced

1 1/2 cartons of chicken broth

2 ribs of celery-cut into thin slices

1 large onion-diced

1/2 stick of butter

1/3 cup of flour

1/2 lb Velvetta cheese

Put butter, onions and celery in stock pot. Cook 5 minutes until tender. Add chicken broth and sliced potatoes. Cook until nice and tender on medium high. Mix 1/3 cup of flour with water to thicken the soup. Stir for 3 minutes until mixed well. Add Velvetta cheese and allow to melt for 15 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes or so. Serve with corn bread and enjoy!

YUM!:D

Edited by Tammy in Germany
Can't spell today

I start my potato soup with a white sauce (butter, flour and milk). I do that in one pot while I boil the potatoes in the other. I make the white sauce with equal amounts of butter and flour and thin with milk (start with about 1 c per TBLSP of butter and be sure to let it simmer and thicken before you continue to add milk). I flavor the sauce with a little meatless broth powder that I get from Frontier to flavor it, but you could use chicken bouillon as well. Of course I season the white sauce with a little salt and pepper. It'll be smooth and creamy. I add potatoes, and, if I want to thin more at that point, I add some of the potato liquid.

Once the potatoes are in and it is smooth and creamy, I add some grated cheddar and blend in well. I throw in a handful of finely chopped green onion. We serve with cooked, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar and more fresh green onion on top, and, of course HOT homemade rolls!!

Like I said, not the healthiest recipe (or maybe I should say not lowfat), but BOY is it GOOD???