Menu

What are the odds of the Yankees have 7 staff test Covid positive who have been vaccinated?

pinball

On 5/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Catwoman said:

Personally, I think the CDC is WRONG.

I think their focus should remain on getting more people vaccinated, rather than buckling to public pressure and changing their recommendations about masking. 

The US is nowhere near the point where Covid is not a significant problem, and I have been quite disappointed in the CDC throughout this crisis.

I have been disappointed in the CDC too but think they have this right.  I got the Pizer vaccine which is 95% effective.  Why should I keep wearing a mask- my last vaccine was in early=-mid April so I am well past 2 weeks after it.

1 hour ago, TravelingChris said:

I have been disappointed in the CDC too but think they have this right.  I got the Pizer vaccine which is 95% effective.  Why should I keep wearing a mask- my last vaccine was in early=-mid April so I am well past 2 weeks after it.

Uh, because it will allow anti-vaxers to pretend that they are vaccinated, go maskless, and put others (especially children) in harm's way.

Do you trust these types? I do not. Not one bit.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Uh, because it will allow anti-vaxers to pretend that they are vaccinated, go maskless, and put others (especially children) in harm's way.

Do you trust these types? I do not. Not one bit.

Bill

Agreed and especially when the church two blocks down has been anti-mask all along AND preaching that the vaccine is the mark of the beast. These folks do not have all their marbles, so they cannot be trusted!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/13/2021 at 4:42 PM, ScoutTN said:

Because it is required by their employer. 

This. Ds works in a long term care facility. Every employee and resident has been vaccinated, no exceptions allowed. And they're still tested weekly. I'm in a very loose no Covid regulations state so this is definitely employer mandated. It's probably the same with MLB and other sports organizations both major and minor.

• Like 2

And a PCR test would catch those kinds of infections?
This is a technology that can catch just ten molecules of virus. But this is a virus that when it is contagious, there are billions of molecules. So we have to be very careful about how we interpret PCR results. Just because the virus can grow a bit — and be detected on a PCR test — does not mean we are stuck in the woods as far as herd immunity goes. A vaccine that doesn’t create sterilizing immunity can still greatly limit virus growth, perhaps enough to massively limit transmission. This is likely the case with the mRNA vaccines at least, given the large reductions in cases among kids in hospitals as a result of the adults getting vaccinated. Clearly transmission declined significantly enough to elicit some level of herd effects on the kids.