Menu

IEP re-evaluation time (a vent!)

22 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

....and the school psychologist didn't show up

.....and the invited teacher didn't show up

......and a bunch of other things went down, including the SPED teacher refusing to hear my requests for specific tests.

......and his SPED teacher knows nothing about transition services

.....and one of his teachers said some really stupid stuff that I'm totally calling her on when my son's tutoring session starts in 1.5 hrs.

.....oh, and we have to finish this all up by the 18th or it expires and we have to start over with 12 weeks of RTI and testing again.

PRIMAL SCREAM.

I'm just so f-ing over all of this.  

That's super unprofessional of them. I am so sorry!

Advocate time (or lawyer). 

• Like 1

They need to finish his re-eval and write the new IEP by the 18th???

Wow, sounds like your district is a hot mess. Ours actually upped their game for covid, with more staff. I'm sorry yours is in chaos. Have you tried talking with the principal or the district SN coor? 

Wow, is that truly legal? They can not get the testing/meeting done in time, so he's no longer eligible? That doesn't sound right. I would think he's still eligible, but the school is just out of compliance with regulations.

I would move to a different school, too! That is outrageously incompetent. 

• Like 1

Oh that is so wrong, I'm sorry! It has been drilled into our heads that we are not allowed to miss the 60 day window unless the family pauses the eval. We had a few in process last year when Covid shutdowns happened and it got messy. I am glad they sort of got their act together.