Menu

using Susan's book for highschool...History of the Ancient World..qustions..

I assign a short report (1-2 pages). we do not have a specific "schedule" for assigning a paper. My dd is about half way through the book and she has done 4 or 5 papers thus far.

That is my tentative plan for next year also. We'll use HOAW along w/ HO. I'm excited to inter-twine the two, since they are different styles.

I'll quiz/test w/ HO.

We are using Susan's book this semester. I originally scheduled it for the entire year, but I quickly realized that ds could read a chapter each day. We will finish the book this month then we will begin Chapter 8 of HO ( I think this is where SOTAW ends) in January.

Since we are studying Rhetoric and numerous books for ancient lit, I only require a summary/precis 2-3 times /week (depending on the importance of the chapter); however, he will also complete a history project this year

This has worked well for us; I'm glad we took the time to read it. Initially I was hesitant when I realized it only covered the first 6-7 chapters of HO:001_smile:, but I think my ds will remember alot.

Susan