Menu

Daily Movement - Wednesday, April 28

purpleowl

I've missed noticing this thread the last couple of days. I've done my 5K of rowing and stretching M, T, and W. Today I was the fastest I've been so far, definitely sweating and getting my heart rate up. (I am not worrying much about speed though--my main concern is actually doing it.) A few days ago, I told dh that it's weird, but I haven't been feeling that increased energy you usually do after starting to work out again. I have been more wiped out. He blamed the fact that it's been awhile since I have exercised regularly. But I started thinking about the timing of my shingles and the fatigue with that, looked it up, and I think it is just a residual effect of that. This is week six after I got it. I'm feeling less overall exhaustion this week, and a little boost to my energy now, so hopefully I will soon feel more increased results.

• Like 4

Could definitely be the result of the shingles, @Jaybee! I hope you do have more energy soon.

I remember to start the threads, but not always to come back and post. But today I did 3.4 miles even though it's getting hot out and there are flowers with a personal vendetta against me (allergies). So I'm congratulating myself...and planning on some benadryl!

• Like 4

Not a banner day for me.

I walked a little less than 4K this morning, then did a good set of leg/arm exercises. However, I then spent most of the morning at the eye doctor, ate junk all afternoon, met up with my son and his girlfriend at our new house to talk about some projects I'm hoping he can do for me, took them to dinner (where I ate more junk) and then dragged myself home feeling far too tired to do a second walk.

I want to conclude with something positive about how tomorrow is another day with no mistakes in it yet, but knowing what the next few weeks look like while we try to prep for and get through the move, I can't quite scrape up the energy to be optimistic.

Spring Start Status Update: 366.3 of 500K

• Like 2

((( @Jenny in Florida )))  Don't beat yourself over yesterday.  You said it wasn't a banner day, but reading what you did, I think you're being too hard on yourself.  Not every day is going to be perfect. 

You walked.

You did leg/arm exercises.

You went to the eye doctor.

You spent quality time with your son and his girlfriend and bought them dinner.

I would consider that a good day, even if it wasn't perfect. :)

• Like 1