Menu

Homeschool Parent Recharge Days

workingmom

We usually homeschool year round and used to take one week off every 6 but with COVID and lots of changes starting hs truing to fill in gaps from private school last year its been challenging to really not school a complete week. But I want to incorporate some nice treats for myself. Nothing fancy but I find I end up just planning more when we're off and checking goals and thinking what's next. 

Definitely need to make time for some of my hobbies but sewing projects take a while, so looking for a nice 2 hour chunk ideas.

With 2-hour chunks of time, I would not feel really recharged. But, two hours is enough to go for a long walk, possibly (depending on where  you live) a hike, not just a walk around the neighborhood.  If you have a place to keep your sewing projects ready to go, you could get a good bit done in 2 hours. (I don't have space to keep my sewing machine up and ready, so that wouldn't work for me.) Two hours of tending plants can be pleasant if you like that sort of thing. Going into a separate room to read for two hours without interruption would be great for me. Better yet, 2 hours in a cafe with coffee and a book where there is no chance of being interrupted and no chores calling to me. Or, 2 hours with friends if that is workable - even via phone or a zoom get-together could be nice.  If you enjoy rock-climbing, and have a rock gym nearby, that could be good.

I would just think of how you enjoy spending your time when you have some to spend on yourself, and figure out ways to pack it, or a version of it, into the amount of time you have. 

Edited by marbel

I’d think of portable crafty stuff:

There are lots of cute hand sewing projects. I love stuff with yo-yos. I have a bunch of them that I have been working on for a while. I want to make short table runner type thing.

Or very simple knitting projects, like wash clothes or scarves.

Or adult coloring, maybe postcards or greeting cards you can then send out to fam and friends

Keep whatever project in a ready to go bag. Have a few near-by spots in mind and grab your bag and go.

Parks, walking trails, waterfront (if you have anything) coffee shops, libraries, diners, even a neighborhood pub would work if it is the right atmosphere. Keep a folding chair in your car for the outdoor spaces.

if you have a plan of where to go and a standing project, 2 hours might be do-able to recharge.

• Like 1