Menu

DDPY....my one year update

Ottakee

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

Yay! I just realized DDPYnow has a firestick app! We were thinking we'd have to use Apple airplay (which is super glitchy with our devices). Glad to see that's been added (I don't think it was an option last I checked into it). 

ARe you sure it is the Now App and not the On Demand one? 

On 4/19/2021 at 6:18 AM, ktgrok said:

It can be a bit cheesy...but then you realize how much these instructors MEAN the things they are saying as far as encouragement. That made the difference for me. 

If you want some encouragement, and insight into the guy that is behind this, the movie Relentless on Amazon Prime is really great. My husband actually finished watching with me and started telling people about it. 

I'll have to check this one out.

Another one good on Amazon Prime is The Resurrection of Jake the Snake - where he moves into the "accountability crib" with DDP. It really shows his heart for helping through the hard stuff - J the S was a real mess with his addictions and DDP stuck with him through it all.

There are some F-bombs, so probably best to watch after littles are in bed or on a device with earphones.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:05 PM, Ottakee said:

Yep.....I was in physical therapy for months for my torn meniscus in my knee.   So often my PT exercises were ones I also did in DDPY.

Today I got a cardio workout just doing the balance workout.....Stand Up with Big G.   Amazing how my heart rate was way up there just trying to balance .

I am not athletic at all so the wide range of exercises have been good for me.   I still can't do a push up and due to my knees the catcher squats are hard but I see improvement in so many areas.

Amazing! So encouraging, thanks for sharing.

Just a comment on your push-ups. I don’t know this program at all .

I have been working with a personal trainer who is all about adapting and meeting you where you are.

Getting up and down off the floor are rediculously hard  for me,  so I do most of my workouts standing.

Have you tried push-ups on a bar? Obviously I am working out in a gym (actually it’s small and In His garage...) where he has equipment, but I can do them at home on the back of a sofa, or a counter top. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KatieinMich said:

Have you tried push-ups on a bar? Obviously I am working out in a gym (actually it’s small and In His garage...) where he has equipment, but I can do them at home on the back of a sofa, or a counter top. 

This program does have lots of modifications for the push ups....including using a wall or chair.  That is why I love it....so easy to modify.

I did Energy 2.0 this morning. I liked it, but I can tell that DDP will not be an instructor I reach for often. I'll definitely explore some of the live workouts. 

I'm not unfamiliar with yoga, but I had a hard time keeping up with the workout (obviously, it's "power yoga" but I thought the beginner workouts would be slower). I tend to like yoga where I can "settle in" to a pose and really get in there. It's good to branch outside my comfort zone every now and then. 😉

• Like 1