Menu

April Well-Trained Bodies

Laura Corin

Oooh @Laura Corin that sounds yummy!  

I took my 17yo and my grandparents for their second covid vaccines today, so 3 hours in the car.  There were thunderstorms when we got home and I thought I wasn’t going to get in a walk, but the weather cleared and we went to the park for a bit of tennis, a 1.5 mile walk, and a bit of time at the exercise equipment.  

44065130-980F-4E2A-979D-BEC5CC4F732E.jpeg

• Like 4

Never got on here yesterday...the days are busy. But I did 30 min on the treadmill yesterday, didn't get my salad until dinner. Thursdays are dumbbell days, but instead of my usual I went back to a harder but shorter total body tone that I had done a couple of times before I hurt my finger last November. It's a good workout. I'm using 8 lb instead of 10 lb weights and shortened a couple of exercises by a couple of reps, but I'll try to work this one into the rotation more and see if I can get better at it.

Tuesday's trainee caregiver never showed, I trained someone else yesterday (she'll take M, T, and F shifts) and today I'll train someone for the Thursday shift. Track meet this afternoon (not me, dd).

• Like 4

I got 2 dog walks in today. My ds 15 and I have started doing morning push-ups together. It's day 3 and they are already getting easier. I dropped all my core body exercises I had been doing so faithfully last year at this time. It's really hard to stay motivated when this pandemic just keeps dragging on and the activities are so limited. I walked through a lovely sports field this evening with not a single person in it because we aren't allowed to have any outdoor sports. It should have been full of children playing soccer and baseball. It was just heartbreaking. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, wintermom said:

I got 2 dog walks in today. My ds 15 and I have started doing morning push-ups together. It's day 3 and they are already getting easier. I dropped all my core body exercises I had been doing so faithfully last year at this time. It's really hard to stay motivated when this pandemic just keeps dragging on and the activities are so limited. I walked through a lovely sports field this evening with not a single person in it because we aren't allowed to have any outdoor sports. It should have been full of children playing soccer and baseball. It was just heartbreaking. 

I'm sorry that you are still so limited.  We are opening up and I'm anxious. Venturing out a bit, but only medical or well ventilated. 

----------

Garden centre today - I'm not working - then walk and yoga later. 

• Like 4

30 min on the treadmill this morning and man I could use more sleep! And I'm sleeping at night...just going to bed a little late, waking up early, and no real downtime during the day. One more day of our ridiculous hybrid schedule that feels like 2 full school days--zoom all morning then in building in the afternoon. Next week is all in building.

I did very well with my April goal of salads for lunch every day. Weekends tended to be salads at dinner instead of at lunch, but I did have salad every day, which was the main point. I think weight is okay, maybe trending up slightly but that is mostly after-school stress eating which I will try to get back under control. New goals tomorrow for May.

• Like 2

Finished off April with a 5K run yesterday.  I've never run that far without stopping before, so my goals were to just keep running and to try to finish in under 40 minutes.  I did have to kind of stop and quickly open a gate into one of our cow pastures, but other than that I ran the whole time and it only took me 35 minutes!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, FarmingMomma said:

Finished off April with a 5K run yesterday.  I've never run that far without stopping before, so my goals were to just keep running and to try to finish in under 40 minutes.  I did have to kind of stop and quickly open a gate into one of our cow pastures, but other than that I ran the whole time and it only took me 35 minutes!

Well done!

I am in the Highlands after a seven mile hilly hike through sun, rain, hail, sleep then sun again. Really nice to be able to take a day trip.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Well done!

I am in the Highlands after a seven mile hilly hike through sun, rain, hail, sleep then sun again. Really nice to be able to take a day trip.  

Quoting myself to add a picture from the beginning of the walk.

20210501_134150.jpg

• Like 3