Menu

Job Loss: What to Do Next

NewIma

If no one has mentioned it yet, there is a wonderful blog with TONS of money saving help. It's written by a mom who fed her family entirely from her food storage and garden for more than a year. She has a section with recipes and how to eat for 40 cents a day. If anyone is looking to save money, her blog is awesome.

theprudenthomemaker.com/blog/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dreamergal said:

I do not know if your family eats ethnic food and even if you do Indian food is one of them. Your family is dealing with a lot of change and changing food drastically may not be an option. However, if you want to reduce on meat and try a new cuisine at the same time, Indian vegetarian is for you.

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/recipes/veg-recipes/

Paneer is home made cottage cheese. I will not overwhelm you by giving a recipe for home made but will say if you have Instant pot, it basically makes itself. You can find paneer in an Indian store or can substitute tofu.

We were a family that ate out at restaurants pretty often, enjoyed various kinds of cuisines. When COVID shut everything down, we cooked every single morsel we ate and rarely went out. I had help with DH and the kids with everything from prep to actual cooking, but the cooking everything became overwhelming. So we made it a game of watching various cuisines on youtube and making them. We went for hearty, simple and healthy often. Various cuisines have that. One of the easiest I found was sheet pan suppers.

I like them because it is easy, looks good, is healthy and clean up is a breeze.

https://www.healthy-delicious.com/20-healthy-sheet-pan-dinners-for-busy-weeknights/

Those sheet pan dinners look delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned above but worth repeating: show and tell your DH that you love him. Support him however you can. Job hunting can be more discouraging than losing a job, and (IME) he needs to feel that you love and respect him no matter what.
Praying for you all! 

• Like 3