Menu

Apple Watch--How do you use it for fun/benefit?

Resilient

I've googled this already.  Not interested in "here are the features of your Apple Watch."  Thanks.  I can read a manual.

I'm interested to learn what you like about an Apple Watch, what you have found makes your day better, something you like about it.  

Things like "I use the timer to force me to not check my email for 15 minutes in a row."  

Just for fun.

Not an Apple watch, but the features that I use my Garmin for:

- Vibration alarm that wakes me but not my husband - I sleep with earplugs

- Timer so that I can walk away from the kitchen, too far to hear the oven alarm, and still not burn things.  The timer is usually set for the twenty minutes that my steel-cut porridge simmers on the hob

- Keeping track of exercise and hydration.  Sleep too, but I look at that less often

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The timer and finding my phone when it’s misplaced are the two features I use the most. 

Answering my phone in the middle of something where I don’t have my phone nearby (typically washing dishes or diaper changes) another thing I use frequently. 

I can’t remember the name of it, but there’s a sort of intercom feature DH loves. I prefer texting because I don’t want to send him an audio message if he’s in the middle of a call or video chat for work.  

• Thanks 1

Disney is going to do a MagicMobile app for the apple watch that will work instead of magic bands. The best use. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, I don't have an apple watch, but I do live by my iphone. I think the apple watch would be most life altering for making happen on your person, never lost or disappearing, things you already like to do on your phone with apps like Things, Calendars 3, and Reminders.

Ditto loving the alarms and timers. 

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love seeing and declining spam calls without having to pick up my phone. 
The timer is super handy and I usually have Siri set it just like on my phone. 
Weather- I have that widget on the face I use most and when I get up and put my watch on, it shows current temp and how warm it’ll be today.mIt really helps me decide how to dress in these transitional seasons-yesterday’s high was 78, today’s will be 62. 
My second most used face is for exercise. It easily lets me start workouts, and the top few types are right there. Also it has my podcast app as a widget. So I can start a workout and my podcast super fast.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oooh-I just found a nice feature.  I was just at an event and figured out that I can put the watch on Do Not Disturb (the little crescent moon icon) and have it set to turn off DND when I leave that location.  No beeps or lights or haptics if I get a text--so I can really pay attention to the event at hand.  

That's nice.