Menu

Does anyone have an air purifier that is loud?

mommyoffive

So I have neighbors that let their huskies out to bark at 4-6 am everyday.  We have sound machines going but it isn't enough.  I was going to get some more sound machines and then thought I should get some loud air purifiers.   They could clean the air and drown out the dogs.  Does anyone have one that is loud? 

I have this one.  The highest fan speed is pretty loud.

Eta:  We keep it next to our bed (out of the way) and use the lowest fan setting because the second setting is just a tad too loud.  If neighbors were having a loud party or we needed to drown out barking dogs, I feel sure level two would do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/LEVOIT-Purifier-Home-Allergies-Pets/dp/B07VVK39F7/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=air+purifier&qid=1611928933&sprefix=air+pu&sr=8-3

Edited by DoraBora
  • Like 1

Funny you should mention this ... we are on the hunt for more white noise here, too.  

I had not thought of using the air purifiers - what a great idea!

We have very large Blue Air filters, and they are definitely loud on the high settings.  Quiet otherwise.  We have two of these, and as far as our quality goes - they work.  Our doc recommended more than 12 years ago, and we love them.  I highly recommend!

(Typed while bleary eyed, coffee in hand, because of barking and howling dogs last night.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Funny you should mention this ... we are on the hunt for more white noise here, too.  

I had not thought of using the air purifiers - what a great idea!

We have very large Blue Air filters, and they are definitely loud on the high settings.  Quiet otherwise.  We have two of these, and as far as our quality goes - they work.  Our doc recommended more than 12 years ago, and we love them.  I highly recommend!

(Typed while bleary eyed, coffee in hand, because of barking and howling dogs last night.)

Girl I feel you.  I am doing the same over here.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Amy in NH said:

There are ultrasonic dog bark controllers that are supposed to work up to 300 feet. 
Does anyone know if they work?
OP, is it your next door neighbor ie within 300 feet of your house?

Yeah we have looked into those.  I am not sure if they work or not.  Dh wants to get one and give it a try.