Menu

Daily Movement - Sunday, January 24

purpleowl

1 hour ago, purpleowl said:

@Melissa Louise, with high temps and no air conditioning, I do not blame you one tiny bit! Is there a break from the heat in sight?

I walked 2.2 miles. I plan to do some trampoline stuff later as well.

Thank you! Unfortunately, the humidity has also decided to join in today. 

Suburbs only a half hour drive from me are beginning to be spoken of as uninhabitable during parts of summer - pushing up to 50C on the worst days, with street temps even higher, so long term, our city has major heat problems. 

Short term, only 48 hrs to go before a break! And no bushfire smoke. Counting these blessings. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Melissa Louise said:

Thank you! Unfortunately, the humidity has also decided to join in today. 

Suburbs only a half hour drive from me are beginning to be spoken of as uninhabitable during parts of summer - pushing up to 50C on the worst days, with street temps even higher, so long term, our city has major heat problems. 

Short term, only 48 hrs to go before a break! And no bushfire smoke. Counting these blessings. 

Wow...that doesn't seem doable or liveable long term without a lot of artificial cooling or underground buildings or something. (and I like the heat!)

Tough day/tough week-end. I'm so tense. 

I went on a walk with my parents and son this afternoon. 

I did a relaxing pilates this evening before I head to bed.  Hopefully tomorrow is brighter.

---

I'm sorry about your heat ((Melissa Louise)). I'm glad you're being gentle with yourself.  

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

Wow...that doesn't seem doable or liveable long term without a lot of artificial cooling or underground buildings or something. (and I like the heat!)

Was reading about underground options in this article yesterday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-01-24/heatwaves-sydney-uninhabitable-climate-change-urban-planning/12993580