Menu

Question: Amazon Customer Service: How to contact them, via email or chat or phone?

Lanny

I have seen questions like this answered here in the "Chat" before and am hoping a kind person will help my DD out with this.  Of the dozens (or hundreds) of things she needed to do, before she left the USA in late November, this didn't make the list...

She needs to buy at least one eTextbook from Amazon and they are using "2FA" for the log in Authentication and she has no access to her U.S. Cell phone service because we are in South America (No Roaming).  She does have a magicJack and they have a magicApp https://www.magicjack.com/magicApp.html which she has on her phone and she can call the USA with that and receive messages.

Below is what my DD wrote to me in an email about this issue late yesterday. If someone can explain to her how to contact Amazon Customer Service, my DD and I will greatly appreciate that. Thank you in advance, for your time and help.  Lanny

"Amazon isn't letting me log in, because it requires phone verification and I forgot to change my phone number to the magic jack before I left. I can't find a contact email for customer support... or a phone number, for that matter." 

I found this # listed: 1-888-280-4331. However, that might also require the cell phone # authentication.

Here are two email addresses she can try. For issues with your account, such as a billing dispute, you should email cis@amazon.com.

For general inquiries, you should email primary@amazon.com.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

The only thing is, can you use chat while not logged in? @kristin0713 @MEmama @Gobblygook

I think chat is great, but since she can't login, I wasn't sure they would be able to help her that way.

You know, I don’t know! I guess I’ve never tried. @Lanny can you chat with Amazon and explain her dilemma? Maybe they can give you instructions for her to reset her account. 

• Thanks 1

OP HERE:   Special thanks to everyone who replied!    I googled for something like "cannot log into my Amazon account. How can I contact Amazon?"  and on the page with the Google SERPs I found this interesting web page which includes info that makes it much easier and much faster,  if you have an emergency, secondary email (?) address on file with them if you lose access to your Amazon account. I am praying DD set that up when she set up her Amazon account.  If not she can try the other way to regain access but they say that takes 1 or 2 days.

If she cannot get that going in a day or 2 she can use my account, and she can pay for it, but since it is an eTextbook we need them to set it up for her, not for me. That would require it be shown as a Gift to DD.

This is the URL and if anyone ever gets locked out of the 2FA look down towards the end of it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=GU3SL3GTHLHPDQ2H

• Like 2