Menu

Virtual Nutcracker performances

Acorn

I am going to have more time at home than previous years. I hoping to tour the virtual Nutcracker performances. I’ve been in it as a teen so I’m totally up for listening to the music all day, every day.  Can we start a list? 

The first one I signed up for is Pittsburg Ballet Theatre.  I believe it is free.

https://www.pbt.org/performances/the-nutcracker-2020/

• Like 4

Digital Dance Project

Snowed In—"A seamless blend of fresh contemporary dance and timeless classical movement. New works by musicians from across the nation, including a Nutcracker Suite reimagined for jazz music by Brooklyn-based composer Nathan Smith."

Our daughter's ballet company is not doing virtual (they are doing black box in studio), but she is part of this digital project.

Tickets are $20 for everyone viewing together. Proceeds go to choreographers, dancers, and a charitable outreach.

• Like 2

New York City Ballet Dancers

They are putting on an in-person Nutcracker this year.  Here is how they are doing it.

BalletCollective’s "Nutcracker at Wethersfield" Takes the Holiday Classic On Site, Starring NYCB Dancers - Pointe (pointemagazine.com)

You can view it for free December 23rd at 5pm to December 26th at 11:59 pm

Here is the link

STREAM — The Nutcracker at Wethersfield

• Like 2

Our daughter's company had to nix the in-studio performances. So, now they are doing a one-hour "Nutcracker in a Nutshell" video, streaming Dec. 21. There is a charge; they really need some income, as they have been locked down harder than some other parts of the nation (i.e., haven't been allowed to restart their in-person children's and prepro classes, etc.). If you are interested in this one, the link is http://www.centralwestballet.org/cwbthenutcracker.html Thank you, if you choose to support dd's company!