Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together

ScoutTN

Good morning!

• Boy to school
  • Breakfast! 
  • Organize tutoring stuff and log sessions. Check something and reply to an email. Skipping this. It can wait.
  • Bake cornbread
  • Make brine and cool it.
  • Find the right size pan for the turkey.  
  • Walk!  
  • Shower!  
  • One AHG thing (that I didn't get done yesterday) Not today. 
  • Call mom  
  • Salmon in to marinate  
  • Lesson prep  and tutor one student.  

Dinner is salmon with mango salsa, green beans, roasted carrots, and rice. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Scout, I hope you had a good night's rest. 

I got a little freaked out before bed because I seemed to be having diminished smell and taste. It's fine this morning, so maybe I was just getting stuffy or something. I was a little stopped up this morning but it got better.  With my dad coming later today, I was worried. Then I got to thinking maybe it was something neurological since I'm having the tremor. I didn't sleep well. I need to just get to a neurologist and not worry about the cost. 

Done:

• bible study groups
  • breakfast
  • list to go shopping

To Do:

• shopping
  • laundry
  • meals
  • SAT prep with ds
  • not sure what else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! 

My sister leaves tomorrow! I'm resisting the urge to blast "One Day More" from Les Mis on repeat today.....

So, today:
...coffee
...grocery run (done)
...edit videos that were made yesterday
...make the rest of the videos
...run errands (pick up part for sister's car, run by FedEx, stop at one more place to find the rainbow carrots/other color carrots for Thanksgiving vs. just orange ones)
...sew some on the project I got cut out yesterday
...school with DS -- finish Geography homework, make sure he starts his project
...lunch?
...dinner -- white chili, but tweaking it
....tonight: His Dark Materials, and then maybe/probably not? watch This is Us with my sister, but I'm guessing not, b/c she's more or less not talking to me, so......
...stay up/not in PJs long enough for her apparently not going to be ex to come finish fixing the car (she's moving in with him tomorrow) 
...go to bed

• Haha 2

Coffee
1901 with DH - he's off today
Schedule Abbie's mock tryout
Let the fudge festival begin! The third child is on her recipe!  The trophy has arrived...

Laundry is going.  Kiddos folding socks.

Not a single to do on the list except figure out something for supper tonight.

• Like 3

I am eating no gluten, dairy, corn, or soy for a few weeks to see how my bloodwork numbers for Hashimoto's are affected. I'll add them back in one at a time .

GF is no big deal to me. No dairy is hard! No soy sauce is hard too, though it's not something I have every day. Corn, meh. I can give up tortilla chips for a few weeks. If it were summer, sweet corn would be a sacrifice, for sure.

I don't feel any different, except that I get hungry faster without cheese. But I have lost 3 lbs in about 4 days. I am not overweight, but losing 5 lbs wouldn't hurt. 

Anyone done a short term elimination/challenge like this before? If so, how did it go?

• Like 1

Folded and put away two loads of laundry.

Discussed Christmas stuff with Dd. 

Need to sort through what I have for Christmas gifts for the kids and discuss with dh. 

Next up:

Sit in the sun and read for a bit before I leave to tutor. 

***Note to self*** Bring home the things I left at the tutoring center!****

• Like 2

Much luck with your diet changes for the time being; the lack of cheese would be the hardest for me, for sure; one of my kiddos has recently realized he's lactose intolerant, so even just those changes have been difficult. You have my thoughts! 

finished school with DS

called my stepmom, discussed this situation with my sister

the part for her car isn't in yet, won't be until tomorrow, so DH and I will go later and do the FedEx/grocery run, and then get to also go tomorrow to take her for the part for the car before her not-ex comes to fix/pick up the car w/all her stuff

going to sew until time to go to the store, I think.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

6" of snow, which seems to have taken out our internet. I'm at the library as I had to deal with Scout stuff. Really, dh? If you see flashes of light coming from an electrical line, probably you should check it out!

Calf born today--cow was said to be calving in March. Nice big bull, but mom went nuts, went through a fence, and now cut up calf. No vet in town. Arg!

oh, I hope today gets better and that momma cow and calf both are okay! ((hugs))

• Like 2

DH says I should make my videos before I sew, and he's right, so I will be responsible and do that first, then go sew. *make* the videos being the operative word, not edit, etc. 

Three lang. arts videos next, and then maybe or not make some of the science ones; they are easy enough they ought not need it, but DH says make them anyway, so probably will do those also after Lang Arts (I can do 2 of the 4 for them today; need materials for the other 2)

• Like 2

All fudge complete! Late lunch so leftovers for supper.  Kitchen is clean!

I'm going to talk the kids into watching The Ballad of Lucy Whipple and we are going to watch movies the rest of the night.  It's dark and gloomy and there is a fire in the fireplace.  What a great day to just be veggies.

• Like 3

Dinner was good and is all cleaned up. 
Logged session noted for tutoring and sent Zoom link for tomorrow morning's session

Placed an Amazon order

Rearranged a bookshelf so Ds will have a good place for his school things. Digital school will NOT be good for him!

Got cranberries out of the freezer and crumbled cornbread

Next up: turkey into brine and back into the fridge.  
Then pj's and a book.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Scout, I haven't had to cut out that much at one time, but I've been off dairy for 9 years. Cheese was the hardest thing to find a good alternative. I finally found a great sliced cheese, Chao, to make grilled cheeses, but it's made with tofu. Daiya mozarella is decent to put on a pizza or even make a quesadilla with because it melts. I like it better than their other flavors. 

• Like 1