Menu

Good news thread

mommyoffive

On 10/4/2020 at 7:26 AM, Meriwether said:

Some of you may remember that my niece came home from college due to a seizure that led to the discovery of a large mass in her brain. From the MRI the neurosurgeon believed it to be a cavernous malformation. She had surgery almost two weeks ago. It wasn't a cavernous malformation. It was a tumor, and he couldn't get it all. He said, "It is one of the most difficult tumors I have ever seen." The pathologist looked at it briefly and said, "Grade 2." Grade 2 is technically benign, but average life expectancy is 5-7 years. Not very benign. She had a second surgery the following day, with the neuro hoping to get at least 95% of the tumor without causing her to lose motor skills or the ability to make new memories. The second surgery was a complete success. It is a long story how she got her neurosurgeon, but it felt (and we believe) that God handpicked her surgeon for her. He got 100% of the tumor. He was able to preserve her memory making ability. Although she is having to relearn how to walk (and everything else involving her left side), she can move her toes. She should get all movement back. And, when pathology came back it downgraded it to a rare Grade 1, BENIGN tumor. And I was able to see my niece handle the whole situation with courage, faith (Not that she would necessarily be healed. One of my aunts and one of my cousins died from brain cancer. But that God would be with her and nothing would happen outside his will.), and peace. I was able to see how she planned to move forward with her life before the prognosis came back in her favor. It was amazing and beautiful. And we are all very happy.

@Meriwether  Praise God.  This is so beautiful.  Our faith is made deeper by trials.  ❤️  Thank you so much for sharing it.  This will certainly be a marker in her life. ❤️ 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

This is so shallow.   Costco is carrying the Hilary Radley pants again (in a different color) and they are, hands down, the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. Previously I had them in gray.  Now I have black.  I realize it's ridiculous, but I put them on this AM and it makes me happy, lol.

DD's middle school mock team is onto the state competition after ROCKING the regional competition! (State is via Zoom.)

Well now I have to go look at those pants.   🙂

Glad your dd gets to still participate in mock!  

• Like 1

Yay for comfortable pants, new jobs, engaged DDs, and getting things turned in!

After a couple of adoptions falling through, we think the kittens we are fostering have forever homes. Two go home this weekend!

Dd's cat's voice is sounding better so I think we don't need to take her to the vet.

The weather has been unseasonably warm here which means we've gotten outside more. Yay! (Gratuitous addition of kitten pictures)

signal-2020-11-11-131005.jpg

20201118_131717.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2